Monday, July 6, 2009

What a Saturday....

Had planned to cook Japanese food for dinner on Saturday. Menu is: California Maki, Tuna salad sushi, Oyako don, Tempura, Chawanmushi, Salmon sashimi, and Chicken, Tofu & fishcake miso soup... Hubby and I were at Daiso PS on Friday and bought all the necessaries.... I was surprised that I could find alot of Japanese stuff at Daiso - nori (seaweed for sushi), dashi mix (soup stock), sesame seeds, rice vinegar for sushi rice, wasabi... I also bought sushi plates, bowls for oyako don and little cups for chawanmushi.... These plates, bowls and tea cups are so pretty! Happy neh!! :p We then went to Carrefour as I wanted to buy tempura sauce, avocado, fish roe, spring onions, green pepper. eggplant etc.... But they do not have tempura sauce and the green pepper is not fresh.......

On Saturday morning, we went to the market after our roti prata and mee rebus breakfast. We bought chicken thigh, prawns, salmon, fishcake, green pepper, long beans etc.... After that, we went to Shop n Save but they do not have the tempura sauce too.....Weird! Haha....

Next on the itinerary.... Tuner came over and tune my piano.... Hubby went to visit grandma at Seng Kang and fetched my mum and grandma to our house after that. I stayed at home to prepare. I also had some time for my piano practice... Heng! Keke.... Wanted to mop the floor but mum in-law left a message that she had mopped the floor before going to work.... :)

We made some tempura for lunch... long beans, japanese sweet potato, egg plant.... Then it was mahjong time... I was really lucky.... I actually could "ping hu" and "zi mo" twice..... We played the "東" and "南" and hubby and I went to cook..... But we forgot to take pictures! I only remembered after we finished eating... Wahahahha...... After dinner, we continued the rest of the game and I won !!

Next round, I was so tired and I also wanted to chat with my grandma.... So I asked hubby to play for me.... My sis joined in too.....

In the midst of the game, hubby received a call that his grandma seems to have heart attack.... He rushed down to bring her to Tan Tock Seng hospital..... So worried.... Also not easy to go hospital now.... with the H1N1 thingy... Haiz.... Hubby only came back at 2.30 am.... I waited for him... dozed off then woke up again n back to dozing off and woke up...... Then when we finally slept, his hp rang at 3.30 am. The doctor called.... Gave me a fright..... He wanted to find out more what happened before ah mah was sent to the hospital.....

So much things happened in a day...... But very glad that ah mah is much better now....... :)

No comments: