Friday, June 11, 2010

New found love - Uriage, Maybelline, Clinelle

Have been in search for the right skincare and makeup since last October... Tried counter brands like Laneige, Skinfood, SKII, H20+, Ettusais and Lancome but my skin seems to hate all these!

I was using Vichy for 1.5 years and stopped in last October as I realised they have pore clogging ingredients in their products. Most importantly, some of their products have alcohol denat. This is denatured form of alcohol which can be used in skincare. However, it will dry up your skin! No wonder my beautician always commented that my skin is dry on the outside but oily in the inside.

As for makeup powder, I was using Averine, which is supposed to be skincare makeup. It was alright, non-comedogenic...but I find it oily and the powder will "streak" on my face... Used that for 3 years...

After the family trip to Bintan, I had some breakouts on the T zone. I guess it must be due to the water there... Haiz! But at the same time, I think that it might be due to the skincare products too.

On Tuesday, I went to Watsons at Taka. Decided that I should go back to simple products found in pharmacies. Although Vichy was not suitable, at least I did not have breakouts then... I was looking at a brand, Uriage. I read about this brand in magazines. It has the best thermal water spray... soothing for sensitive skin. The promoter approached me. She was about in her forties. She analysed and agree that I have combination skin. The funny part is that she said I have good skin. I told her it cannot be as I have some post acne marks.... According to her, we should be glad that we have oily instead of dry skin as we will not have wrinkles. As long as we keep our skin clean...cleanse it properly, use the right products, we can reduce acne, blackheads..... Sounds logical!

She helped to design a regime for me to try for a week.... She even gave me her contact number and ask me to go back to take a look next week. After trying for 3 days, I am really impressed on how the proper cleansing, right products for my oily T zone, dry and sensitive cheeks and with thermal water can really remove the acne marks and my skin looks more radiant now. T zone is not so oily anymore.....

Am keeping my fingers crossed..... is still early to tell.... hopefully my skin really loves Uriage! :)

As for makeup, I am using Maybelline water based gel foundation and Clinelle compact powder. Oil free and no pore clogging ingredients. Cheap, light and simple!

After going one big round, I realised that a product can be very good, but still depends on your skin.... Once you found the right skincare regime, please stick to it. Water based and oil free foundation is still the best..... Cheers! ^o^

No comments: