Monday, September 13, 2010

ABRSM Piano Exam Grade 3

Today is the day... been preparing for Grade 3 piano exams since beginning of the year. Just for today!

From clueless to basics and to all geared up.... my piano learning journey has come to this far. I am really glad that I have the opportunity to learn classical piano, performed in a recital and to take the exam now.

In Singapore, many parents and students are into "paper chase". Same goes for piano exams. Just the certificate itself...can help the child with his/her secondary school education.

For me, it is all about realising a little childhood dream. For an experience...and hopefullly an achievement.

I tried to calm my nerves this morning. With previous experience in stage performance, I am able to control my emotions better. :)

The examiner is a westerner. She is kind and it makes me comfortable in the exam room. But I still could see my fingers trembling on the keys. Hee! I had a few slips...but made sure I move on.. Maintained a confident front and a smile! I remembered what my teacher taught....

At the end of the exam, the examiner smiled and thanked me for playing. Although I really hope she can give me at least a pass, I will take it as a good experience if I don't make it.

Like what teacher said, piano practical exams are very subjective. Different examiners have different opinions and it all depends on that day. Luck plays an important part!

Hopefully she is satisfied with my performance today.... Cheers!!

No comments: