Monday, November 1, 2010

November celebrations

Last Saturday marked the start of our annual November birthday celebrations... ^o^

In our family plus our extended families, we have 8 people whose birthdays are in November - 2 on Nov 1st, 1 each on Nov 4th, 9th, 15th, 20th, 22nd and 28th. My family contributes the most to the list as my sister was born on Nov 1st, mine is on Nov 15th and my mum was born on Nov 20th. We always tease my mum that she really can "choose" when to conceive us.... Keke!! 

We had our own steamboat dinner with my sister last Saturday. From the list of choices for dinner venues, she chose to stay at home. Her boyfriend bought her favourite cake flavour - Dark chocolate... Hubby and I went to the wet market and supermarket to prepare the stuff. A simple, homely and happy celebration with our loved ones... I hope everything will go smooth for my little sister.. Things have been tough for her...

Sunday was a gathering for all the extended families.. We had lontong, curry puffs, shanghainese nian gao, korean glass noodle, fried chicken and a durian cake. Hubby and I are not durian fans, so we gave the cake a miss... Haha... As we took pictures for the 8 of us, I remembered I was about 14 years old when Aunt Ling first organised this November birthday celebration. How time flies!!

This month is also the time when we have the most birthday cakes.. Cakes galore! : )

May we be healthy, happy, safe and everything goes smoothly for us! Cheers~~

No comments: