Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happenings ~~ the past year

I am back again! After almost another year..

With many hats, I have been busy being the wife, mummy, daughter, sister and employee. Many changes have since taken place both at home and work and I guess more changes are expected....

It has been an amazing journey watching Clarisse grows day by day. At 10 months old, our little gal began her time on her fours. At exactly 15 months old, our little gal is no longer on her fours. That marks a new beginning. Step by step... she is running now. At 21 months, 2 weeks old, she walks steadily and runs very fast. Watching her laugh heartily and laugh with her is my favourite thing to do now.  We find ourselves sing and dance with her. Another favourite pastime now! We are truly blessed with a cheerful, smiley, friendly and bubbly little buddle of joy.

As she enters the "Terrible Twos" stage, it marks a challenge for herself and the people around her. As I read, she is slowly finding her own identity and recognising the ability to say NO. This is the time of putting discipline in place. To show her what's right and wrong. Her favourite phrase is "don't want"! Haha!

Offcially said goodbye to the yao lan, baby bathtub, night milk feed.. Our decisive gal made the decision herself. Next to go is the pacifier!

Being a cancerian, Clarisse is very close to the family, especially the mummy. With no same age friends, cousins or neighbours, her friends are mainly the adults. That really makes her separation anxiety stronger. She probably needs more time to overcome...

I am so much looking forward to the Threes, Fours, Fives... :))

Today is my first after-work dinner date with Hubby. It's been so long that we can have dinner together on a work day. Only 2 of us. A good one. I am thankful that my mummy, the doting grandma to Clarisse, is willing to look after her for one night. Looking forward to the once in a month routine soon!!

Work wise.. I am missing the old days. No late night calls, no reporting, no people management. Simple and small setup. 2013 - the year of change. More to come...unexpectedly. That's the reality in the workplace. Keeping my fingers crossed... hopes for the best....

Had the best memorable birthday and wedding anniversary in November and December 2012! And I had my little wish fulfilled...more me-time! Alas! I begin to realize how important is that in order to become a better mum....

Right now, my hope is that no matter what changes lies ahead, I can truly embrace them.. 平安就好.

1 comment:

Overcome Life said...

Welcome back Kate!!! I bet you are really busy nowadays with many hats and of course enjoying precious time with Clarisse and hubby. Hope you have more 'me-time' and continue writing on your blog :) Cheers!!!