Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Beautiful Piano Recital ~ My piece: 风之丘

For the past one week, I practised very hard for the piece.... I know I have to reach the level whereby I will not forget under any circumstances or pressure. I have to overcome the mental block on stage!! I even practise with my shoes on..... to make sure I can pedal well....

I tell myself I can do it.... enjoy playing the song....an experience....no matter what the result is...

22nd Nov 09...the big day arrived. In the morning, I went to teacher's house for final practice. I am not nervous anymore... Happy! Went back home for a while and went for house viewing.... After that, went back home and rest and practise for the last time.... But I am tired...Felt better after a cup of nice coffee....

Hubby kept telling me not to be nervous and jia you..... Teacher said if I tell myself I am able to do it, I will.... Actually I am not nervous...Kekekee.... Quite relaxed...

I reached the auditorium earlier and got a chance to practise on the grand piano. I felt better.... I can feel the keys and pedal.... Another performer said it was good... :) By 7pm, my family arrived...Cousin Russell's family arrived too.....

I was the fourth performer after the 15 mins intermission. During the break, I went to look for my family. To my surprise, my brother gave me a card... It has everyone's wishes and encouragement in it! So sweet.....

I played better this time. Although I played some wrong notes, I tried my best to finish the last part smoothly and gracefully as what Teacher told me. I am so so glad that I overcome the mental block.. My mind did not went blank...

We took alot of pictures after that.... Hubby bought Delifrance sandwich for me... He was afraid that I will be hungry... Hahaha... Yummy!!

It was a memorable night..... Nachtmusik 2009......

Quote what Teacher said:
Beethoven mentioned that wrong notes can be forgiven but the wrong mood will not be forgiven....

Going on stage is not only about showing off your skills and pieces...It's also about stretching your existing limits and exploring into your new limits!

Thank you, Wenxin! Thank you, my family for the utmost support.... (",)

No comments: