Piano teacher and 4 other teachers organised a piano recital at the Young Musician School (YMS). Their selected students will perform...
Yesterday was the rehearsal. Actually I was not nervous and was happy to see many young children performers. Cute and talented.... I think I am the oldest performer! Embarrassing!! When my cousin, Russell and I entered the auditorium, he went "Wahhhhhh"..... Amazed by the grand piano.. Luckily we were prepared that we will play on the grand piano and have confirmed with teacher in the morning.
Russell is the 4th and I am the 23rd performer. I was enjoying the pieces.... Classical, Jazz, Pop..... Solos, Duets, Piano with Violin.... Good mix! When the 22nd performer was performing, my heart raced.... I told myself not to be nervous and I felt okay. But when I sat on the piano bench and play, I was surprised that the keys are so light....and I could not step on the pedal.... The keys are floating! My mind went blank.... The sound is so so soft.... I played the second note wrongly and I could not catch up..... Finally I decided to play the bar that I am most confident of and try to finish the piece with "confidence".... I remembered teacher say we cannot show that we make mistakes and have to cover up beautifully.....
It was my birthday and I played badly... So upset.... I know Yamaha pianos are like that...Light keys.... I don't like the touch.... Russell felt the same and he could not play some notes. He said the performer after him said the same thing. I guess we need to try to get used to the piano and calm ourselves down....
Keeping my fingers crossed.... My family and Russell's family will be going to the recital too...More audiences next week.... I really hope I can play better.... Gambatte!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment