Thursday, August 5, 2010

A new journey

Finally we have our own home! A year ago, we are still in the search. We have really came a long long way. Hipcups were overcame... We learned alot along the way too.

I guess is a new journey for hubby and I, although we have been married for 1.5 years. Mum in-law is still staying with us and she has been a great help. I am glad that we finally found a tenant for her house and she will have additional income.

People do ask me if I mind losing the privacy.. Actually I realized that most gals will find it nice not to stay with in-laws in the beginning. But once the couple gets busier with work and still have to handle housework and everything about the house, the initial couple time might be lost. At least, with some help, the couple still can find time for each other. To me, to be able to spend quality time with hubby is more important than the privacy. But we are quite fortunate that we still have some privacy. Not all is lost. Haha!

Now we have home cooked food almost everyday. Tues and Thurs - at my mum's home. Other weekdays - Mum in law will cook. We may eat out on Fridays too. Our turn to cook on Saturdays... :)

In the past, I used to envy those who have home cooked food at home. I am really thankful that I have it too. At least for now.. I love the soups...

Looking at our new home.. mostly designed by hubby and I..really thankful for everything that made it happen.

Home sweet Home.. Alas!

No comments: