Yesterday morning started alright at work. I have been quite busy since Tuesday, liaising with traders in the Geneva office and the legal department, but still doing fine.
All of a sudden, she called me. Started off okay but slowly drove me crazy. I could not understand why she has to talk about home matters during office hours. All her ugly words, bad tone....I can't help but cry. Why have she become worse? It's been 10 years since I first started work and she still call like this and all about the M. To me, M is never an issue when it comes to family. We have never been stingy over M.
Grandma needs to remove cataract and aunt told another aunt about cost sharing and she in turn told her. To us, if she is ever in need of money, we will give. We help her to pay for grandparents too. Hubby gives her some when he has bonus. When she wants new furniture, TV etc etc, hubby paid. NO questions at all.
I always thought that as long as we provide for her everything she needs so that she has no worries about daily household and daily expenses, it is sufficient. Even her emotional needs are well taken care of. Tried our best not to let her feel lonely. We even go back to accompany her twice during weekdays and see her during weekends.
Apparently her expectations are far more than that.
She said she feels helpless..could not help her parents. She is very frank to tell people that we provide her everything but only enough. No savings for her. She wants extra from hubby. To her, daughters' monthly allowance is compulsory. Married or not, is our responsibility. Hubby must still give her separately - as a little token.
I am so upset the whole day. Really bothers me so much. Hubby works so hard and under tremendous stress. Just to make sure I can still support my own family. NO matter how I explain to her, she could not accept.... I briefly told hubby and he told me not to worry. He is willing to give to her, as long as she is happy.
At night, after he came back from dinner with his colleagues from overseas, he gave me a pleasant surprise. He bought cakes from Coffee Club for me - Chocolate Lollipop and Chocolate Caramel Affair. They were really good. It was a surprise as we talked about it over the weekend. Coffee Club introduces a new series of desserts that has good comments. His sweet gesture brought a smile on me. :)
With his understanding and support... i hope we will be fine, especially we have to go back tonight. Pass her monthly allowance, money for praying for 7th month and also the token she wanted.
Wish us luck....
1 comment:
I just can say... "jia you Kate!!!"
Post a Comment