Thursday, March 31, 2011

The journey so far ~~

First trimester passed by like a breeze.. Felt normal except for some feeling of indigestion after dinner. The trick is to have smaller meals and chew slowly. Month 1 was tiring as the body was trying to adjust to being pregnant. I felt better on the 2nd and 3rd months...

4 more weeks to the end of the 2nd trimester.. Appetite still normal but hunger pangs will occur around 5 plus in the evening. Hee! Harder for me to sleep well recently and I have insomnia on some days. More tired than the first trimester and I have to succumb to half a cup of coffee on some days.. My gynae said half a cup of coffee is safe to keep awake. Tea is a no no as it will form a layer in the body and block nutrients absorption. She said it is normal to have sleeping problems this trimester. I have to walk more or swim and make myself tired so that I can sleep better.. As baby grows, I am heavier too...more pressure on my legs. I started to have aching legs and leg cramps at night.

Still, the 2nd trimester is sooo special as I can feel baby's movements and kicks. I first felt it at 20 weeks. Amazing! When hubby and I talk to baby, she seems to be able to understand and respond with movements or kicks... Hubby sang Jay Chou's songs last night and baby started to move more... Haa! :)

I also notice that my skin improves and hair is smoother... Some people commented that I am fairer. My hairdresser said my hair is less dry too. Hmm... should be due to the change in hormones and the daily supplements I take... Hopefully this continues!

Last Saturday was our 6th visit to the gynae. She tried to scan baby's face but could not capture. Baby tilted her head high. Doc then said: "At least she let you all see her high nose bridge...." Keke!

Looking forward to the 3rd trimester.. I heard it is the most tiring and challenging part of the whole pregnancy. My pre-natal class will start during this trimester too... We can learn more on labour and also baby care! Hopefully baby will let us see her full face soon during the next detailed scan...

I have been a good mummy... I started to eat brown rice and have yogurt, milk, soya bean drink and drink at least 2 litres of water everyday... My gynae said I must have more protein and hence must eat more meat. Less carbohydrates, more protein is the key! I have been having more fruits and vegetables too.. Less sugar, less fat, less salt... Everything eat in moderation... Never been so healthy before!!  ^o^

Hopefully bao bao can get all the required nutrients and be healthy... With the classical music, we hope bao bao feels calm and happy... Yeah!

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

Great! look fwd to see ur bb's scan, hope we get to catch up soon! :)