Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waiting for the day for my perfect vision to return~~

Last Tuesday afternoon, on my way to the dentist, I realized that people walking towards me seems blur. I can't seem to see clearly. Initially I thought I was probably too tired, due to only 4 hours of sleep the night before. But till the end of the week, my vision was  still poor.

I did a test on my own. When I cover my right eye, I could see perfectly with my left eye. But when I did the same to the other eye, I realized I can't see with my right eye alone at all. There is a faint black shadow blocking my right eye vision. I was very worried and went to research on the web. Some people said eyesight does deterioate during pregnancy and it should recover after delivery of baby.

I talked to hubby and he went to research too. Many pregnany ladies experience bad vision, poor eyesight, see spots during pregnancy. But Hubby told me to email my gynae to find out more.

I was apprehensive at first, thought that I should wait for one more week. In the end, I decided to email Dr Han on Monday morning. She was actually on leave for the whole week. But she was very worried and has not heard about it before. She immediately got her nurse to book an appointment to see the eye specialist at Raffles Hospital in the afternoon for me. I was informed during lunch.

Several eye tests were done. Dr Lee used special equipment and I have to look left, right, up, down, everywhere. The diagnosis is "Central Serous Retinopathy (CSR)". There is fluid leakage under the retina that form a big bubble, thus blocking my vision. Due to pregnancy, Dr Lee could not prescribe supplements for my eyes. He said they are too strong. Hopefully natural remedies like fish, eggyolks, vegetables, fruits and wolfberries can help...

I read in the web that there is no exact cause of CSR. Stress might be one cause. I guess so much going on since last year might be the cause...

I will see Dr Lee in 2 weeks. Hopefully there is improvement.. If not, I can opt for laser procedure or wait for a few months for it to clear.

Wish me luck~~

No comments: