Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our bundle of joy has arrived!

Baby Clarisse ( 玉欣) arrived on 19 July 2011 @ 5.55 pm after 10.5 hrs of labour. Delivery went well. Hubby was very supportive during the whole process. He even cut the umbilical cord. Brave Daddy! :)

After we come home, we face a whirlwind of events.. Our helper gave us so much problems and want to go home. Hopefully the replacement can really come after Hari Raya. Keeping fingers crossed..

Hubby's cousin in-law committed suicide and hubby and mum in law has to help out with the funeral arrangements. Luckily my mum came over everyday to help out.

Our confinement lady left after 14 days. She was very sick and does not want to spread to baby. The replacement only came 3 days later. My mum helps to look after Clarisse in the day. Mum in law helps with cooking of confinement food, baby's laundry and general housework. Hubby and I had to wake up at night for Clarisse's feeds. I only had 2 hours of sleep that 3 nights. Really tiring... 

My grandpa passed away last Sunday. Hubby goes to the funeral everyday. I can't be there..am so upset. He will be in my heart forever... 17 years of suffering from stroke.. Finally all sufferings ended. I hope grandpa can be happier in the other world. We will always remember your kindness, benevolence and grateful to his help rendered to my family when we were young. Love you forever...

So much that happened within 2 weeks is really overwhelming.... But it brings the family together, more bonded. :)

Seeing Clarisse grows everyday brings us so much joy. Her smile is worth more than anything.. Hubby and I are learning so much on childcare. Kuddos to Hubby! He can bathe, feed, burp, soothe, change diapers... His support meant so so much to me during this period.

Hopefully no more sudden events for us.. Stay positive!

No comments: