Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The first month of 2018

The day finally arrived on 02 January 2018 (although I wish it can come slower). School started and Clarisse is officially a primary school pupil.

Her first week ended with all smiles and she has been adapting very well since.

Daddy was admitted to hospital for tonsillitis on the 1st Sunday of the month and stayed for two nights. Although stressful, I made it on time to send Clarisse to school in the mornings.

A surprise came in the midst of the unfortunate events - Teacher Allison asked if Clarisse would like to join a dance competition. But she isn't ready for competitions as yet and is afraid of being alone on stage.

It was an eventful month when our lift broke down for a week. Definitely a first in my life to climb up and down the stairs for a record of maximum 4 times in a day! I hope I did tone up a little. 😂

Clarisse said she loves going to school. And she remembers all her classmates names by week 2. Impressive! She had good work done chops from teachers. She is able to buy her food during recess confidently and holds the bowl to the seat. Her favourite is guotiao soup so far. And she eats that almost everyday. She tried fried rice, chicken rice and pasta too.

Homework volume was still manageable. And she had her weekly spelling and biweekly 听写. She had full marks and hopefully can continue to do well. She is quite organised as she will place her worksheets and notices for parents in the correct tabs in her folder and inform me about it after school.

She is also adapting to her new routine and attending ICR and Berries after her shower and lunch. And she sleeps before 8.30pm at night to have a good 10 hours sleep every night.

She helped her classmate, Gwendolyn to buy food on 24th after I told her to help her out. Her mum also asked her to follow Clarisse to the stall to buy food. And both of them become recess buddies.

Not all things are rosy, I guess.
She fell down once when someone knocked on her accidentally and luckily she did not cry. The scratch got well after over a week. And she had nose bleed on 19 January. It really scares me when she opens our door in the middle of night with a bloody nose and hysterical crying. 😥

Feedback gotten during the parent teacher meeting on 26th is positive. Ms Lim said she is quiet and well-behaved. Because of her height, teacher has to let her sit at the back. But she goes to the toilet often, immediately after teacher said “Class, stand”. I ask her to go to toilet before she leaves for school and so she does not have to go during the first period of class.

This month we also see Clarisse continue to have very good appetite. And she seems to grow alot. She is taller again and has more 'flesh' in her arms and thighs now. 😂

One good thing that we achieved was walking. Despite the scorching weather at times, we enjoy walking home after we alight from bus 807. We found a mimosa plant on a Saturday morning while walking to the bus stop and Clarisse was fascinated. Since then, she would look out for it. And I found another pretty one with flowers.

As for myself, I am calmer this month and can handle a few issues that came along. Had a few squabbles with the hub but made up quickly. I went back to gym on 25th and continue with yoga for the month. But each time I think of mum, my heart still feels heavy. It's gonna be two months since I last saw her. I enjoy being committed to my own family now and not always having to call her everyday, rushing to bring groceries and food for her and worry for her well being. It is the life that I never had before. The last twenty years of my life had been overly committed to the family, especially mum and bro; putting mum as my utmost priority. And they are the ones that cause extreme hurt to me. I have never asked for any returns in the things I do for them, only wish that they do not treat me for granted and as their ATM machine; also to leave the hub alone. It might be selfish to some, but I treasure my new life and want to live it as the way I want for the next 20 years.

Till then, hoping for a smooth February! 🙏💪🤗

No comments: