February started off with a scare in the early morning. I heard a scream upstairs while I was preparing things needed at mum's house after Clarisse's school day. Her nose was covered with blood and more gushing out. As compared with last two years, she was calmer and did not cry. I quickly went downstairs to get cypress essential oil while she pressed her nose. And tadah! The hub was soundly asleep. 🙄
CNY days one and two flew by and thankfully all were good. After a week of no sneezing in the morning and in school, it all began. Frank and teatree alternate with Thieves EO on soles to boost immunity, mightypro, daily Vitamin C, Allercare, occasional cod liver oil, daily nose irrigation, sterimar and occasional Betadine as well as Avamist are all I have to use on our little gal. Nevertheless, I worry every single day for her.
Her form teacher seems to get impatient as compared to last year. How could she say “I don't even know why are you crying” to a pupil when she doesn't know what's going on with her. Words do matter. I guess, teaching is a passion that requires high level of patience and nurturing. Perhaps it's running out for Ms Lim. I could only advise Clarisse that it's frustrating having to deal with two crying pupils and another of nowhere came along crying. Hopefully my lil gal mature in this sense. Definitely not a good thing to be in teacher's bad books.
But in terms of building relationships, she has indeed matured. She empathized with Gwendolyn on 12th and lend her remaining of money to Gwendolyn for recess. She said she doesn't want to see her friend gets hungry. Since January, lil gal has been consoling the crying Isabella and assuring her if no one wants to be her friend, lil gal will be hers. How sweet!
She continued with her liking for mixed vegetable rice in school, selecting potatoes with minced chicken, broccoli together with braised egg. She even ordered eggplant!
She also likes the veggie patty sandwich from Subway like we do! It's surprising to see that she likes even the mustard! She tried once last month (my dinner) and ended up being her snack after dinner.
From a rash on her ankle developed to a ringworm alike, it's driving me nuts! I didn't take notice earlier as I thought it's a rash. The hub kept commenting need to see doc which I tried not to. I didn't want to apply anti fungal cream or steroid based creams. After research, I started to apply thieves, lavender, oregano, myrrh, tea tree in hoping it will kill the fungus. I even changed her shower gel to YL Kidscent and bought Tender Tush to soothe the dry and itchy skin. When it's clearing up, it would suddenly itch and became red again. It's so frustrating! On 18th, I decided to give copaiba a try before she sleeps after finding out that it can be used for skin disorders. I layered it on top of myrrh. When I checked on her while oiling, it seemed to really work. Just praying that copaiba can really amplify the effect of myrrh.
It was just puzzling why the redness would go away rather quickly after applying EOs but came back again when it
itched. Then it occurred to me to google again. The sight of it did not look like ringworm. There were raised bumps and crusts in the middle. My heart sank. It should be nummular ezcema as stated in the websites. When she came home from school on 22nd with the very dry rash and she apparently scratched till bled a little in school, I decided to try Egoderm cream. I used it before when she had sudden rashes on her body in K1.
Started on a new regime - Cetaphil moisturizer for ezcema prone skin after shower, Aquea cream for dry scaly skin on her rash and Egoderm cream on 23rd, Saturday. The redness.and dryness subsided quite a lot by 27th Feb, thankfully. But I am still apprehensive of her starting her swimming class.
I am glad her doubts over ranking 4 different numbers from.smallest to greatest and vice versa is finally cleared up. Also, she could finally understand how to form a 3 digit smallest or greatest odd, even or just the number. When she got full marks for her pop quiz, I am glad that she is careful and it just shows that as long as we teach, she would understand in no time. I did lose my patience, which is very bad on me. The next hurdle is the model drawing for comparing word problems. I felt so guilty over losing my temper once again when she couldn't draw the model after what was shown to her in EI Math. What's gone into me? Sometimes I question myself, I wasn't like that when I teach young children in the past. The pressing for being on time to finish cooking has stressed me to the point I lost my temper on my child when she couldn't do her work after my explanation. It's extremely tough.
This month, I also had to take care of Mum's meals. In fact, it started when Pei started work. When Deliveroo reinstated the minimum spend, it makes the ordering for one person harder. On 25th and 26th, I cooked her dinner in advance and brought to her.
I also discovered a good EO combi since last month for hub's gout prob. That's Frankincense and Thyme. So grateful!
I am still working very hard and trying my utmost in taking care of the lil gal's gut health and boosting her immunity. Whilst fighting with her seemingly allergy in the early morning and keeping fingers crossed on the bad smelly air, I am praying for her good health.
This month ended with my dreadful PMS. Yikes!! Dragon Time,.Rutavala, Tranquil to the rescue!!. I even tried Joy EO and surprisingly I love the smell now.
A short month, not my favourite month ~ passed by quickly. 👍
Cheers to a smooth March!
No comments:
Post a Comment