Joy EO works well to keep my mood up, at least it helps for awhile. Somehow I feel better when I apply over my heart and could change the sofa covers on 4th.
On 2nd, I had a scare from Berries. Thankfully she wasn't't unwell and just feeling lack of energy due to hunger. But she definitely showed her tiredness during class over the weeks which led teacher to think she was unwell. I had been procrastinating on stopping Berries for the past year. On 3rd, I took the plunge and sign her up at Han Language (to start in May). Hope that she would like it more. 🤞
Since beginning of this year, we notice the lil gal has a flair in drawing. She could look at pictures and draw well. I love the recent ballerinas she drew on her own in her Write Connection journal. I do hope she could consider to join the Art Club as her CCA next year. She won prizes for her drawing for CCE and a poster for classroom cleanliness.
As if I hadn't had enough scares and worries, another hit me again on the 7th. After buying fruits at NTUC, she told me she felt something in her throat but not painful. I had a bad feeling about it. When we reached home, I gave her strepsils for children, a little nxr, apply goldenrod EO on her throat and tummy to remove heatiness. She then woke me up at 3 plus am that she felt hot. I knew instantly she is having a fever. I stayed calm, gave her ibuprofen and diffused ER with lavender then coax her to sleep. When she woke up at 8 plus am, her temp is not as high, mild fever but the headaches was bothering her. It struck me to give her sambucol which claimed to be good for cold and flu symptoms like sore throat, fever. I also gave vit C and Roman Chamomile on her tummy, chest and back. She was all well and fever even was gone when doc tested but it went back to the 38s when we reached home in the afternoon. I told myself the body needed the temperature to kill the bacteria and the antibiotics are doing the job.
I was very thankful that her temperature came down to 37s and she was more active. She could sleep through the night, had better appetite on Friday morning and pooped. Her fever broke and headaches were gone by noon. We were able to make it to the Matilda musical. Phew!! Seeing her all cheery and laughing is all I ask for. Being healthy is so priceless! Although she had to miss two days of school, I was calmer this time.
With no PE as instructed by doc, she had to skip dance class on Sunday, 10th. We managed to catch a movie that the hub had wanted to watch. I really can't watch a two hour movie, dozed off a few times. The silly mum suddenly remembered that she had forgotten to give antibiotics for Sat and Sun. I hope all will be good.
After the eczema episode then followed by swollen tonsils, I am looking forward to the short school holidays. I almost forgot it all started with sinus allergy until the swimming teacher advised that it might not be a good time to start. She reminded me that it's better to hold till her sinus, skin and tonsils are more stabilised.
As much as I reminded myself to have more patience with her, I still can't. I really need a day don't need to nag and scream at her. It's just extremely tough. Omg!
To avoid further misunderstanding and gossipy mothers at the front entrance of school, I finally stopped procrastinating and picked her up from the back gate from 13th. It's also cooler and quicker to board the bus from the bus stop near the back gate. It's a little embarrassing after Clarisse told Miss Lim I didn't want her to pull Gwendolyn's bag when she asked the reason for changing to back gate. She even responded as suspected.
Her handwriting can be neat and beautiful when she wants to. In a Chinese handwriting competition, she won! I am so proud of her.
15th was the last day of Term 1 and she participated in Games Day for the first time since she missed it last year for her piano exam. I was worried as they would be under the sun. Luckily all went well. I had prepared pocari with water added for her.
She started to keep telling me she wanted to say I was at fault over different issues. It just got on my nerves. Maybe I should change my approach. Instead of telling her I didn't do any wrong and in that case I should leave her to look after herself, I would tell her it's wrong to think like that and mummy would feel hurt just like she would when I said is her fault. 😖
Another scare came along on 17th when she woke me up at 6 plus am that she had nose bleed. The hub opened his eyes then as usual went back to sleep. Argh! I quickly applied cypress EO on her inner arms and also goldenrod on her tummy to reduce possible heatiness. I diffused cedarwood and lavender and she went back to sleep after 20 mins. Right after Math class, she said her eczema returned and true enough.. the same spot was becoming red. I quickly used lavaderm spray and all the creams when we reached home.
The hub did the nose irrigation for her that night and Mon night. Gosh! I was mad at him for not telling me the green stuff coming out. Thankfully I saw them on my own on Mon night. I gave her antihistamine. Sob.. I have a bad feel. Very very afraid sinus congestion is the next up. 😭
With previous dental experience, I was worried abt her checkup on 18th. One mummy shares about Orange EO calming children during dental. I gave it a try and together with valor on her heart area, brain stem and wrists, it went well. For the first time, she didn't cry.. She was calm!
19 to 21: Chinese drama at Han Language. Although it's not so convenient for us to travel to Teck Ghee CC, I really hope all will go well. Just want her to have fun in a Chinese drama setting since I happened to come across it. It ended up as a fun play setting instead of drama. She still had fun and even thanked me for signing her up. The teacher said she has good memory and imagination as she managed to draw after teacher narrated a story in the dark with them closing their eyes. She even had the colours of the butterflies right.
We went to see an optometrist at Square 2 as HPB needs the records that she had seen one with readings taken. She had 50 deg long sightedness in her right eye. Astigmatism at 125 and 150 deg. My heart sank when it's recommended that she wears specs often to correct astigmatism. I also did a check. As I always know, my left eye is perfect. But my right eye is 200 deg long sighted. Gosh how different. Astigmatism is at 125 deg. Only hope that specs can really help to correct her astigmatism.
This month is filled with scares. One after another. The day before Disney on Ice show, she started sneezing frequently in the evening. I suspected that she had caught a cold in the writing class at Write Connection since she said her feet was cold. We had to finish our dinner quickly and head home for antihistamine. I gave her elderberry syrup in case it's the first symptom of a cold or flu. Besides my usual choice of EOs like ER, lavender, sniffleease, I oiled her soles with bit ginger. Worrying... Thankfully when I checked on her at 1 plus and 6 plus the next day, she has no fever. She then woke up all well. 🙏
She had wanted to buy Ariel toy at Disney on Ice. I didn't give in. She was a tad unhappy and could see it from her expression. She knew I was displeased and attempted to apologize to me during the show. She still enjoyed it although she exclaimed 2 hours was too short and not all Disney characters were there.
Term 2 started on 25th. She changed to the Red group and her seats were changed too. She is now sitting with Jiayan and Iryan. She kept her word when she said she will be quiet in class and got points everyday for the first week. I thought she will have a good chance for Star Jeminite but she didn't 😂
I started a new routine of oiling her soles with ginger before sleep, hoping to reduce her sneezing fits in the mornings. It worked on some days. I also oiled the antihistamine blend on her chest, back and soles in the morning and quickly let her wear socks while she pees. Save time and don't let her expose to the cold air n the morning - to reduce sneezing fits too. It does work for a couple of days.
So the final scare of this month came along on 28th morning. I was relaxing when the hub called. He was with his mum to pray ancestors. I got a shock. Without knowing what's going on, I had to ask MIL what did that aunt Ling say. The hub was ranting. I only can make out that Ling said I took leave to look after MIL after her cataract op. She said I did not. The op was umpteen years ago and I could barely remember. But I clearly remember hub and I sent her there and back home. It's complete madness. And hub mentioned the MIL said I was bad to her. So what did I do wrong?? I was terribly upset, called mum and cried uncontrollably. Cannot believe Ling told tales about me to MIL! She was so scary!! After mum called Ling, she denied inviting and insisted it was MIL who go to her house on her own accord. Liars lie through their teeth...
Hub felt sick the next day. I had to send Clarisse to school and enrichment. I was really pissed with MIL. Super kpo, caused the son to be sick yet can keep saying that her life is bad. She should go to school and see those poor grannies. Feel like messaging her but didn't want to give her a chance to badmouth me again!
On the last day of this month, we went to collect our glasses and Hubby had his eyesight checked too. Didn't expect Clarisse to get used to it immediately..
Praying hard... hubby to get well soon!
No more nonsense from incorrigible people, please!! 🙏
No comments:
Post a Comment