This time, April started off with hub still unwell. I decided to do RDT for him on 1st. He said his chills is gone, LS.and expel phlegm the next day. But he couldn't sleep till 2am. Sigh.. maybe body fighting and detoxifying. Copaiba worked well to unblock his nose. He began to sneeze alot. In the end, RC was the big saviour. Perhaps oregano too. He finally expelled phlegm a few times on 4th. Energy returns.
It really hits me. The father can fall sick but not the mother. It's the hard truth. So I pray for good health everyday. I try best to look at the positive side despite having to send C to school every morning. I discovered blk 291 market and the long lost 碗粿.
Just as he finally recovered, his gout hit him real hard. He was in so much agony. Medications, papaya, Epsom salt, EOs etc all don't work.
Deep down, I am really very upset with the autrocious MIL. She was the trigger, the cause. I lost all respect for her. I never believe she would be so KPO; I always sided her that she doesn't know what are the right things to say and what are not. I believe she has a good heart. But she has gone overboard when she wants to know what happened between the aunts and mum. I let it go when she caused me to ask Pei about her mil and it turned out that MIL initiated but she blamed it on Pei's MIL. But not this time. I just want to have nothing to do with her. Anyway she leads her own life and never want to. Care about her grandchild. A mum that could dump everything to go with a stranger to London definitely isn't a good mum after all. That's what I can deduce.
On 10th, hub finally got much better. He resumed sending C to school on 11th. But on 11th night, he asked for Wintergreen essential oil. 🤞
C started practising for their Chinese baby shark performance on 11th. I was glad that all went well. She was still cute for now... Hope it can last as long as it can!
On 11th, I tried the bust lymphatic and womb care massage. I didn't expect I have to let a stranger to look at my bare breasts! I hid my embarrassment and quickly got over it since it's all for the good. When she pressed the nodes below my right breast, there was a small lump and it's painful. I also touched and found it in the evening. But it was gone thereafter. As I turned the big 40 in 7 months, I really need to take things easier and manage my stress level at home.
I created a dish - cauliflower with eggs and capsicum on 9th. C loves it, especially the sauce. Both of them love the cabbage I cooked on 11th, without ginger and Taiwanese fermented soy beans for the first time.
Finally have time to get a new phone. Mate 20 for free! Don't need to feel embarrassed over my cracked screen anymore 😂
The hub is off to China again from 13th. Thankfully all were good with the taxi booking in the mornings.
Sinus congestion seemed to be knocking on doors 😪 when she has several bouts of nose block. I was particularly worried when it happened two nights consecutively on 14th and 15th, especially so when her class had 6 absentees on 15th. Her classmate, Charmaine even went back to school with a cough. I can only pray her immunity can prevent while I keep working on her gut health.
Seeing her happily talking non stop and sharing her day after school is my 'daily looking forward to' during school days. She is still very cute.
I was proud of her on 17th when she told me her music teacher praised her that she was the only one who knew the beats. Ahh.. this is unexpected especially she is often shy during music classes and she got a B grade last year. She then said because she learns piano so she knows. I was elated! The pieces are definitely getting harder and I am pleased that she is still willing to practise.
I agreed to help out for their Jacob Ballas excursion when her form teacher asked. But I didn't expect her to announce in the class. My heart skipped a lil beat when C said, "Mummy, I have something important to ask you." I was worried then amused.. She was surprised when Miss Kim announced that Lakshana and Clarisse's mummy will be going with them.
As for YL journey, I am thankful that the chat mentioned about the happy day protocol. It kinda works. I also learned the new way of using White Angelica as a shield. PMS headaches is a nightmare. ER eventually helped to ease it.
Decided to go back to Salon #1 for hair colouring. Still love how May cut my fringe. But she decided to do highlight without confirming with me as ash brown is too dark for her. Turns out well and I have no other choice.
I have been inculcating values to C that no matter what, we should never laugh at our friends. 22nd - I was very proud that she tried to make Paige happy again when she was jeered at by Charmaine over her 3 eggs for cai fan. She also told Paige it's alright if she likes to eat. Eventually Charmaine also apologised. All good!
She also happily told me she could answer all the questions on length correctly. We really need to give them a heads up at home as much as we can. It gives them confidence at school.
Was very afraid that somehow will jinx the excursion so I forbade C from talking about it. 😅. It turned out well. I got to know her classmates better and lend a hand in looking after Paige when she dare not cross the suspension bridge, made sure they do not wander off, helped Isabella , walked with Esther when she was unwell and then Melody. Had to follow instructions from the instructor.
I couldn't believe she actually tried macaroni and mee goreng from the Malay stall. It's bit spicy and she said she can hold it 😆
End April has made it difficult for me to fetch her home after school twice when it rained. However, probably due to the reduced hot and dry weather, her ezcema spot on ankle recovered with the help of Cetaphil and Suu Balm. Super relieved!
We had fun and bonding when playing rounds of Monopoly since we started on 26th. I even "forced" her to listen to my songs on Spotify. Haha.. she is quick witted when she knows to exchange her cheapest property value with my most expensive. 😅
As for her favourite PE lessons, they played monkey bar on 29th. She said she could hang but couldn't move forward. Arms were aching. But I was glad that she at least tried.
I decided to stop using Avamist before her bedtime on 29th, seeing her not sneezing in the mornings or having blocked nose at nights. It's worrying in fact. To use daily seems harmful but it could be helping her to fend off the seasonal allergies. Really a headache!
I had another scare when she said her stomach is painful. Initially I was sure it was due to the forward bending in her dance class. But I started to think if it can be that U... I only can oil goldenrod EO and pray..
Being a mother has to have a strong forefront as well as a strong inner. As I see her scream over any insect that flies, it reminds of my younger days. But now, I am not fearful anymore. I definitely won't cry over an insect!
This month is filled with more days of anxiety, worries, anger and sadness. I kept reminding myself that I am already blessed to be able to look after my own child and not worry about finances, work, colleagues etc.
知足常樂,就那么简单。
No comments:
Post a Comment