Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July, the next lap

I always like July. Years ago I started my new job in July. We moved into our first home in July. We had our lil C in July.

But last year when my grandma passed on in July, I had a scare. She was warded just five days before C's birthday. So July makes me unsettled.

The new term 3 starts on 1st July. The hub went to Jakarta on the 2nd to 4th and I fell sick on 1st July. My throat felt weird after eating popiah for lunch. The next day I realised I had a swollen lymph node on my neck. Then the body aches came. I self medicate as usual but the worst is I couldn't have enough rest when I need to go out in the hot sun to fetch C after school. Coughing with endless phelgm started on Friday, 5th. I have never been sick consecutively in two months like that before. For both times, it coincides with my menses. Gosh is it because I am turning 40 and my hormones and immunity are going to change?!

As she sits with her Blackpink influencer classmate this term, she still went on about them. 🤦.. Peer influence.. She is the book.helper finally for this term and she is elated. First week went by smoothly. I am only very worried to pass germs to her.

Hacking cough at night till unable to sleep took place on 8th. I could still fall asleep easily on 7th.  Haven't had this for years!  So I finally decided to see doctor on 9th. Is Praying hard... I took many medications prior to seeing doctor and tried oiling. So far ER and lavender plus guasha helped my achiness. Cypress worked one night.
Learnt that Difflam has cough suppressant lozenges. Also bought open airway med that Dr Koh gave before. Lots of thick green mucus came out of my nose in the mornings. The post nasal drip cough is irritating and went on for 1.5 weeks. ER, teatree and lavender helped me to sleep. Finally all green thick mucus out and became thinner by second week.

I was afraid to pass negative energy to C so I taught her to oil herself. It's not easy as she cannot really rub from chest upwards and cannot reach her back.

Thankfully she was alright except for the phlegm in school when she jumped and ran. She swallowed it as she cannot spit it out on tissue during PE.

In this new term, lil C tried new food during recess, sweet corn in a cup, tomato pasta. So far she didn't eat as much mixed veg rice as before. I also noticed she lost some fats on her thighs.

As I thought I finally recover in time for her birthday, the hub fell ill. He suddenly had body aches in the middle of night just before her birthday. I was worried and actually upset. I have reminded him not to take heaty food and it fell to deaf ears. Luckily he did not have fever.
Hope that the gua sha and oregano can help him..Sigh... He went back to work on Fri, ignoring my advice. True enough.. he was unwell again. Irritating..

As I sent C to school every morning when hub was unwell, I discovered new things in the market. There were ngor hee fish bones, baby leather jacket fish, fresh pretty nai bai and the butcher gave me a lots of bones part for soft bones ribs. It's a lot cheaper than 4头 market and Sheng Shiong! Oh yes! The ngor hee only costs half of what I bought at 4头!

Thankfully.. C was able to go to school on 19th (I was so worried she can't). Ms Lim gave presents and it was sweet of her to give personalised folder, mini card of encouragement and keychain. Her classmates sang the birthday song for her. She was so excited to see her presents when she got home. We bought sylvanian families doll house as she wanted. For all these years, she didn't have one because we didn't have a toy room although she is the only child. I love doll houses too. We had dinner at her favourite HDL and collected her chosen Fluttershy cake at Bengawan Solo. Simple, no fuss..Since we are still within 100 'days since FIL passing. What surprises me is the atrocious MIL. She didn't even wish or ask about C's birthday. Sigh..

So far she hasn't cried this term. I hope she can continue after so much advice, encouragement and not to have comments from her teachers that she cannot handle rejections and disappointments.

On 24th, she got a smiley face stressed ball from her Chinese teacher and she said she didn't expect her name to be shown on screen. She was elated! Her zhishi points was 4th overall in class. I encourage her to continue her best. It's a good day, she answered question in the hall and got a little gift. My brave lil gal! She actually raised up her hand in front of the whole school! 😅❤️

I was worried for the whole morning as she suddenly said her throat was a bit painful. It was nerve wrecking. I oiled GR. She then started to clear throat when I met her after school. And this went on..Till she started coughing out phlegm on and off. 😢
Until the last few days of the month, she didn't clear throat or cough. 🙏

The next day, 25th, she fell down at school. She said she was looking elsewhere when the person suddenly stopped in front of her. It became a big scrape. I oiled heli, tea tree and owie then oiled myrrh when the wound started to become scab. When it started to itch, I knew it's drying so I apply YL kidscent lotion and working well.

Teacher Allison praised C again that she is doing well for Grade 1 and hope she can take the exams next March. C said she will take. Let's see how it goes next month when she has to decide (after refusing to take the exams this year).  She has seen improvements in her flexibility and strength. Hopefully she can continue to build resilience and enjoy dancing!

This month I got my creativity shown in cooking. C finally likes sharkfin melon soup. I use 3 quarters of melon and it probably made the soup more flavourful. She also likes cabbage soup. I use a whiter cabbage from Beijing. Winter melon soup also becomes more flavourful as I put more melons. I was elated when she likes them! I also made sliced fish soup with fish bones for the broth. She likes it too. I tried to steam the threadfin using tomatoes and my created sauce. She started liking fish again! It's a huge success for me.

This month.. as SK Energy approached me for an opportunity, I began to think if I could work part time. Sometimes I feel out of place. Homemaker is not really what I want. But I always remind myself that not everyone has the opportunity to look after our children ourselves and be with then during the important growing up years. I am blessed. Continue to 💪💪.

Towards end of July, it suddenly strucked me I cannot jeopardize my relationship with C. What am I doing?! Reprimanding her constantly everyday. One day, she would dislike having her mother around at home. Somehow Joy EO helps. Makes me happier. Probably that's what I need. Afterall being stuck at home, doing the same old same old repeatedly for 3 years, definitely changed me! I need to have a positive mindset again, stop worrying too much. Resolve issues as it comes.

Looking forward to a smoother August!!

No comments: