Friday, August 2, 2019

August ~ a jittery month

As opposed to July, I never like August. For the entire month, it's nerve racking and unsettling. Because is always the lunar seventh M.

Besides the usual EOs, I have to remember to oil and diffuse White Angelica. Additional work.

I had a lil scare on 2nd when C told me she cleared her throat the night before. Throat slightly painful.  I quickly oil GR on her throat and tummy. With the usual Myrtle and thieves in the morning and also antihistamine, I was hoping she will be all well in school.

After her dance open house on 4th, I started to suspect that whenever she runs about or doing some form of exercise and PE, she would cough. She has been clearing throat and I know it's due to her sensitive airway. Myrtle, sniffleease, lemon, lavender are helping. Pray that she will continue to be in the pink of health! 💪

The usual chit chat with mum Esther at school on 5th led me to the Math centre, Learning out of the box. I chanced upon negative reviews the day before. Coincidentally Esther talked about it but she has positive reviews. I did some research that night then bought their books the next day through their ad on FB. I also bought the online version of his workshop for parents. I saw how he explained the steps for 2 question and felt enlightened immediately! Definitely blown away! 😅 As I watched his live on FB, he has the same thoughts as me. A good foundation is definitely important before they move up a level after another. Bited size practices are recommended and they must underline or highlight the key words in prob sums. Make them write statements! Good habits start young. With the discount coupons for National Day, I bought a set of books for p3 again. Right now I am eagerly waiting for them. I just hope that lil C will not face the difficulties I encountered when I was in upper primary and had no help then.🙏

This National Day week and over the long weekend, she coughed out yellow phlegm twice. Sneezed three times on 12th. As usual, I had to catch her symptoms of allergy fast.

As much as I dislike her getting more and more immersed in k pop, the school seemed to encourage. How could they have a k pop dance item in their National Day Celebration concert?!  🤦

We didn't have a quiet National Day like last year. Mum and Pei family came over and I ordered mini buffet. The food wasn't really good. Thankfully the boys were entertained with the Sylvanian family toy house and car.  Lil C still likes to watch the NDP, although its not as good as last year's.

10th: No Han class so we can attend the LYPR hosted by Grace. I was actually worried and afraid of speaking in front of strangers! Glad it all went well when I shared about gua sha and did a demo on Grace. Lil C had a lot of fun making her first successful slime and eating passion fruit sorbet and waffles.

11th: No classes. We went to Regent again for high tea buffet. Food was even better than in June. We then watched Lion King. It's her first gold class experience!

12th PH: We went to watch Fantastic Mr Fox Chinese musical. It was for once hilarious. Lil C said she was hungry after that and we went to Coffee Club. The small bites and warm coffee cake were so yummy! Definitely a great afternoon perk me up! Worth the calories!!
A short week with school closure on 15th and 16th for PSLE oral. But she had online homework to complete. We stayed at home on 15th, Thursday and she also watched YouTube and played games on tablet. On 16th, we went to Safra Mac for breakfast. I was feeling quite down in the afternoon and decided to order ice cream from 'The Daily Scoop' with the $6 discount voucher by Deliveroo. The mint and strawberry shortcake flavours are really delectable!

I decided to use the antihistamine over the weekend before Han and EI Math classes and she didn't cough or sneeze. I was delighted!
So I continued for the following week before school.

The hub left for Shanghai on Saturday but this time I don't feel difficult only feel time flies so fast by the day and rushed. Managed to get taxi in the mornings and reached school on time. It's darn stressful!!

When I think all is good, lil C told me she coughed like whole day in school on Wed. Gave her flumucil before we head out for piano. But her voice slowly turned hoarse and by 7plus in the evening, she said her throat is bit painful. Sigh.. I knew something is brewing. My senses is always right. I oiled T3, GR and copaiba on her throat in the evening. Also gave pi pa gao. By her bedtime, she said throat was better, only 1% painful. I keep hoping will not have fever.

She woke me up and I was still thinking that it's must be 3am or so. She said her throat was hot and indeed her temp was 38.4. Argh! Then I saw the clock, only 12.35am! Gave her ibuprofen and diffuse ER and Lavender. I couldn't go back and sleep so an hour later I just swiped copaiba across her forehead and arm folds.

Her temp was 37.5 the next day. Had to skip school. I was thankful that it's only low grade. Before we headed to see Dr Koh, I gave a dose of panadol, t3 and copaiba on throat then lavender and copaiba on chest, back. Dr Koh showed me the sides of her inner nostrils. Broken skin. Bleeding. 🤦.. I only thought is throat inflammation! And so antibiotics is required. He said is bacteria. Just as I thought so. I then took the opportunity to tell her that's the consequence of picking her nose. Her throat is red too.

When we got home and after antibiotics and other med, I did so so much...
. Oil copaiba, lavender, T3 then Roman chamomile and Oregano
. Copaiba in gentle mist diffuser
. Clean body with lavender water
. Soak feet with T3 and epsom salt
. Drink Chinese barley
. Take pi pa gao
. Lozenges

Thankfully her temp eventually broke around 5 plus. Able to go to school the next day too.🙏💪

In the midst of handling lil C, I was chatting with Jonathan, my intern at p66. He referred me to his boss for his replacement. I was excited to know that Ampol supports flex working hours. Of course I need to wait to see if their management is willing to see this out of work for 3 years mum. It's not easy as years go by. I have mixed feelings . As much as I hope to go back to work one day, just part time, it's gonna be more stressful and busier. I don't know if my mental state can take it. Anyway, let's just see if anyone really still appreciate my experience and willing to give me an opportunity!

My foot suddenly hurt on Saturday. I thought I strained my ankle. Oiled panaway then asked the hub to go get valor for me. I burped as I oiled and eventually the pain lessened and was all gone! I could walk normally again, very thankful. But I burped the entire day. Oiled myself with patchouli and ppm.

She started sneezing on Sunday again during Math class. Our weather also turned hazy. I guess her sensitive airways sensed it.. 🤧.
I gave her Zyrtec. Still oiling t3 for hoarseness.

She still sneezed on the following Mon and Tues. Her nose was itchy on Mon night and Tues. She sneezed several times on Tues. I oiled ER and lavender, gave her Zyrtec and even had to use Frank in the gentle mist diffuser again. Before sleep I also applied the dry nose gel for her. After stopping the avamys since last Thurs, used it again. She was better but still have clear mucus when I did the nose irrigation.

Finally the 7th M came to an end on 29th. She fell down in school and at home this month. Thankfully only a little bruise. Pray for smoother days...

Just as I thought her chance of being the last Star Jieminite of this year is gone when she told me on 29th that Faith is chosen, Ms Lim asked her on 30th to take a picture. She apparently hasn't decided between Faith and lil C. Although I didn't think this is a good way and will cause disappointment, I told C not to be upset if the eventual decision is not her. I even used Star Awards as an example. To be nominated is already sufficient, her good behaviour is at least recognised. Nevertheless I am already proud of her. I also reminded her we all have our responsibilities. She has to learn, focus and behave not for awards. 😅.. But deep down, of course I wish she will get the award! 🙏

Before the month ended, my lil C had to face horrible classmates again. Thankfully she didn't cry. As I found out the reason from Charmaine's mum, I knew it isn't C's fault. But as she didn't have a fixed group, these girls were really sensitive and still immature to think that C is not keen to join them. But I told C is alright to eat with different people. Just not to go with another group when finishes eating as it causes misunderstanding. Sigh..

The dreadful dinner with MIL on 31st is finally over. Glad..

Goodbye August. Finally.

No comments: