The month started with a surprise reply from a headhunter, Taylor Root. Mercantile is willing to see me as they like my profile. I was actually quite tired of talking about my experience all over again. 😆
In the end, I didn't quite like the role. Manual work, backlog, no capacity to send contracts..The headhunter is also so rude, attitude of those born in the 90s.😪
Anyway, a strong part in me wants to look after lil C on my own, give her the best care and walk the pre teen journey with her before she needs her own space. Continue to build our loving and trusting relationship before she reaches her teens. 😘
When I looked back at her toddler and preschool years, I am blessed to have a child that is not stubborn, well behaved (still considered), bubbly, loves reading, listens to instructions, follows schedule...
I bought a wallet from Smiggle for this year Children's Day. She is so elated and hang the lanyard with the wallet over her neck everyday. She wishes for Smiggle items for a long time. It's costly and hence we only bought a keychain, invisible pen and a ruler bracelet so far. I decided to buy as she needs a new wallet for next year and wanted to reward her for being able to behave and focus during lessons.
On Children's Day, I brought her to try my favourite ytf at Lucky Plaza. Cannot believe that I actually brought her there! When I was first joined Koch, I was not married. And now I visited the same eating place with my 8 year old! 😆 To my surprise, she likes the braised mushrooms and said she likes the food. She then had fun at KidzAmaze indoor playground.
Still battling with the weight.. started ledum and citrus fresh on 4th. 💪💪
7th: Finally able to go for facial! 💖
10th: Finally go for a long awaited tuina massage.
This month she has persistent nose block which puzzles me. Has never been so long (already one week as I wrote this). I guess the erratic weather of extreme heat to haze and to rain had affected her poor sensitive airway. 🙄.. Just hope that the oiling, nasal spray, illiadin and antihistamine can help. 🙏
I learned sinus massage online and tried it on lil C on 15th. It did work to unblock.
Her persistent sneezing finally stopped on 16th. I guess the epsom salt with t3 and Myrtle soak on 15th helped. More mucus came out during irrigation, less blocked on 16th and 17th.
14th to 17th: PSLE marking days school closure. As compared to last year, it's much more relaxing as we don't need to prepare for year end exams. She ordered pancakes from me again.. haha.. We also had baked beans, scrambled eggs and hashbrown on Mon morning. We went to buy her PE shorts then to Daiso and to library. Finally able to have the mixed veg rice and soup at Koufu Sembawang. We went to market on Tues and she read her Chinese comics at the kopitiam. I am really glad to see she at least willing to read and ask me on the words she doesn't know. We also watch Abominable movie which she had requested for. On Wednesday, I rescheduled her piano lesson so that she can meet her preschool friend, Victoria at KidsAmaze. She was super excited as it is the first time she went to an indoor playground with a friend! We then had dinner at Sushi Tei ourselves. It wasn't fun for me though.. as the mum wanted to stand around and Vic wanted us to help to pick balls. Very tiring! 😆
Time flew by.. Thurs was the last day of school closure. I brought her for haircut at PHS and she was elated as her hair was washed. Haha! We had Edamame onigiri and the Red bean taiyaki for lunch. The rain stopped in time for her swimming lesson.
My throat felt bit weird on Thurs evening and I quickly oiled T3 and took Danzen. Diffused thieves to sleep but I was kept awaken till 2am. Nose was blocked and continuous sneezing on Fri. I took antihistamine and oiled ER, lavender, t3, lemon. Lost my sense of smell at Mum's house..arghh Used the nasal spray at night. Realised my lymph node was swollen again.. body fighting the virus! Applied frankincense on the swell.. Finally remember peppermint on Sat while waiting for Clarisse writing class. It worked really well!
Blocked nose was almost gone and my sense of smell returned on Sat (19th). Felt much better on Sun, now waiting for lymph node swell to be gone. Update: By 22nd, No more swell!
Time just flies, as P2 is coming to an end, she had to choose her CCAs. In the end, she
I was extremely overjoyed when she got a five star excellent job rating for the Content portion of her composition. Last month she got a four star You did it rating and I was elated. It's difficult to score in content. This time she used precise words and could describe the characters feelings, actions, thoughts and speech. I know she is strong in reading since she turned 5. As for writing, she is also strong when she turned 7. I am so proud of her. I hope she really inherit my genes of writing well... Hmm for 作文 too. 😅
I don't know if it's the chlorine or the erratic weather that caused her constant nose block. Until 26th, she still said she has mild nose block. Gosh it's the first time and I can only hope that the mucus continues to come out during the nose irrigation and she can sleep well at night.
I went crazy twice this month, lost myself. Filled with so much guilt when I accidentally scratched lil C again on 26th. 😖
Hub's turn to be unwell. Busy me, the oiling wife in action again. Myrtle and RC helped him to expel phlegm and congestion. At least RC helped with the snoring! His knee gave him probs once again. He couldn't bend it. It's serious.. haiz.. Really an eventful year for him. I restarted the oiling regime and Valor, Panaway, Copaiba, ER seemed to work for him and lessen the pain.
Her form teacher and social studies teachers are looking for junior prefects. I hope she can be selected (a small wish of mine as I had never been one) although it can be 吃力不讨好. I would like her to develop some form leadership if possible.
Long weekend PH hol for Deepavali. I prepared a mega breakfast again. We watched Addams Family movie. She gave me a scare (as usual..) when she started clearing throat the entire Sunday, 27th. EOs and Zyrtec doesn't help. When we reached home, I quickly did the nose irrigation. Gave her chlomine and phlegm med. 🙄🙏🙏 She got better the next day.
Seeing her so bubbly after school is always a bliss. She shares a lot about her day and I am always thankful for that. I hope she can still be like that from next year onwards..🤞. On 29th, she told me she saw her name being starred in Ms Lim list. At first she thought it might be her good compositions and it struck her it might be junior prefects selection. Haha! Whatever it is, 平常心!!
She shared how her classmate didn't want to draw and got upset in group work. I gave her my advice. Her first time experiencing uncooperative group member. Surely a learning experience!
I exercised self control from 29th, teach patiently. I was kinda sad when lil C commented that she is afraid that I will scold her if she doesn't remember about the word problems solutions. Haiz.. I had been too harsh on her. When I didn't scold her, she started saying that I didn't scold, just say her right... 😅
Her swimming class on last day of Oct went really well. She swam laps and could keep up with it. She laughed and was all cheery. She finally kicked better. Breaststroke is probably suitable for her, I guess. But I am so impressed with her courage. I would never be able to do it at her age😝. I hope she can keep it up!
During lesson, she even coughed out a thick yellow phelgm.
This month flew by real quickly. I am hoping for speedy recovery for the both of them. No more allergy symptoms for lil C please!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment