Before lil C started primary school, I love this month. She would still go to Greentree Montessori and I had my own time. Of course I was still younger then and look forward to having celebration with my family.
This year, my BIG 4O. It feels different. No longer looking forward to my birthday, just live a day as it is. But I will try to be happier, don't envy those working mums 😅, don't scold lil C when she forgets her sums 😆, don't be easily frustrated etc etc.. negativities please go away! 💪🙏🤞
The dance teacher might just slowly kills off lil C interest in dance. She started having quitting thoughts when her Monday coaching class on 4th is near. She is afraid she can't do it right again and teacher will lose her patience.. then scolds her. This happened at the last coaching class last month when she had to do it alone due to her dance mate absence. She started giving reasons like too much on her plate, she wants family time on Sunday, only wants to do piano and swimming. 😪
I told her just do her best and enjoy. Thankfully the teacher was hyper and in a jovial mood. She did well and finally I heard praises outside the class. 😌. Then she said she wants to stay... Hopefully she doesn't change her mind again.
She got into Chinese Dance CCA, her second choice. Art club is too popular. I am glad that she isn't disappointed and even said as long as there is a CCA, is good. 💪
English is her favourite subject. She said Chinese is the next while Math is the last. Hmm it's the same as mine when I was in upper primary. Genes... However, she said she will study hard. 🤞💪
I am so looking forward to know which class she is being assigned for next year! When I was a student, I was always excited to know. During my generation, we always want to get into the best class. I could still remember my disappointment when I got into the second best in P5 (always in the best class from P2 to P4). For lil C, it will be different. No more best or worse class. I also hope she can continue to have a form teacher whom she likes.
She adores Ms Lim who is with her for 2 years. A young teacher who knows how to use small gifts and reward system to capture the little hearts. As much as I do not totally concur, it makes lil C look forward to school and she is happy.
14th Nov: Saying goodbye to my 30s in a day. I need to be happy!
Also the last day of school.. lil C saying goodbye to her p2 journey. I was restless but went for a rejuvenating massage. Finally it's time to fetch her from school. She asked, "Mummy, guess which class I go to?" and she told me it's 3 Care. My immediate reaction was "I won!". She also exclaimed she won and Daddy needed to give us prizes. Haha!
Her comments in her report book is excellent! She is not afraid to make mistakes and has the quality making of a model pupil. Aww! Proud mama.. 🤗💖
Finally the big 40 arrived. Hub took leave from work which surprised me. I only knew the day before. He surprised me again with a necklace from Tiffany. We had buffet at the ex trader's hotel where we got married. We even took a picture at that piano again.. The cake he ordered was refreshing, luckily the lychee and yuzu overpowers raspberry.. but I would prefer if it's not mousse cake again. He said put in a lot of effort and kudos to him. 🤗
Hub booked for Fan Weiqi concert and we went on 16th. Glad that it went smoothly as I was worried of having mum to help look after lil C. Until now, she still has thick mucus in the nose that caused congestion.
Our mini date after such a long time. But the feel is completely different. We need to rush back home. 😐
19th to 23rd: We went to Bangkok. It's been 2 decades since I visited. Spent 6 hours in Kidzania and the Tom yum noodles caused my sore throat and lymph node swell. Neuflo helped and thankfully I brought it along. Strepsils max, t3, Frank, GR and no chilli helped too. The spiciness in BKK is not my level. But really I been getting lymph node swell and sore throat too often this year. 😣
Lil C also played for 2 hrs in the indoor playground and it's enjoyable. She even found a SG gal who has the same birthday as her. Haa!!
It's tiring and my feet ached.. due to pms and menses. Wrong timing to travel..The hub always chose the wrong week for our travels so far except for our Osaka trip last June. 😏
The massage at the hotel spa cleared my wind and mum loved it. For food, I love the pork burger from Mac and the food court food at Terminal 21 mall. Lil gal was elated to eat the freeze dried strawberries from GreenDay.
Although I am not a Frozen movie fan, I love the idea of resting my feet and sleep on a bed seat! I do not even understand the story as ! dozed off twice. Haha!
25th: Walked past Young Hearts at North point. Went in intending to get singlets but the lady introduced the first bra series and I bought it for her! Oh my, I never imagine this day come soooo fast! My lil gal is not as lil anymore.. She cutely still called it singlet.. She is so excited to wear it! 🤣
November flew by quickly.. I am a tad disappointed when I learned from MOE lil C isn't awarded. She participated actively in class and the comments of being conscientious and not afraid to make mistakes in her report book should qualify per the positive learning dispositions. But still... Anyway as long as she continues to enjoy learning and be happy in school, it's enough.
Angeline told us she will have friend issues and even make teachers angry and dislike her. Gosh! Getting worried.. She will become sensitive again... I hope she can manage the changes next year and continue to behave (although Star Jieminite award is going to be difficult). Stress level will build up next year and she has to manage. 🤞💪
After meeting up with Angeline, we met up with Gwendolyn and mum for the baking class at Genius r us. It went well thankfully and for the Black Friday promo, I bought a new school bag at Smiggle for lil gal.
December is always busy for me. Hope for the best.. smooth month ahead! 😘
No comments:
Post a Comment