Monday, July 13, 2020

What a different month of May

After a hectic April, like many parents, I was so looking forward to.the last HBL on 4th May. So do lil C.. The May school holidays started! ✌️

It was a memorable period as we had many 'firsts' this month. Lil C has developed even more maturity as before.

On 1st May, for the first time she liked the pumpkin fried beehoon that I cooked for lunch. I used chicken broth for the first time. Hub also kept complimenting it was flavourful. In the evening, I made 卤蛋 using YL cinnamon bark vitality and use orange skin when I do not have the dried orange peel. Turned out not bad. 

As I chanced upon the ad in Han FB regarding zaobao 大拇指 news every weekday morning for students, I told lil C about it. 拇指乐学时间 was enriching. We love the story telling sessions. Lil C enjoyed the magic shows. There were also exercise, art and craft and cooking sessions. I learn how to make onigarazu. On the last day, lil C kept repeating "so sad”.. 

Thankfully, Grace introduced a vegetable stall and I placed my first order for delivery on 5th. Thereafter I ordered another two times this month. They were generally fresh. I ordered lemongrass, pandan leaves and green papaya and made drinks for hub to help him with gout. 

On 6th, I tried to make huat kueh as hub could not find any. It was very important as it was for Vesak Day the next day. It was extremely stressful as I tried four times before success with a different receipe. Had to sit in with lil C for her piano and finished up with cleaning.

After reading all about using frozen prata to make puffs, I made the luncheon meat puffs and sweet puffs with strawberries, bananas and chocolate chips on 8th for breakfast. Lil C likes the sweet puff while I like luncheon meat. 

Hub and I had an argument on 9th and I wasn't looking forward to Mother's Day on 10th. Pei gave me a surprise when she turned up with lemon tarts scones and self raising flour. Hub ordered lunch from Cedele. Food was good but the cake was salty as usual, the Cedele style. I chanced upon the 618 tze char on IG and called them to order dinner. The bee hoon was so yummy.

Another first - made banana whole cake with Mayee's receipe on 11th. It was so delicious. Added macadamia nuts too. Hub loves it alot and asked when I will bake it again 😋

Discovered a new wanton mee stall at Sembawang, glad it had old school taste and hub loved it.

25th: Made tumeric chicken for the first time. My own rendition. Glad that hub liked it.

Also an 'injury' month - burn my hands while cooking on 13th. Thankfully I read about lavaderm spray benefits. Together with scar be gone blend, helichrysum, Frank, rose ointment, the redness and scab were slowly gone and recovering within a week. Cut my fingernails several times as well. 🙊

Already one month stay home and with another month, I really miss the sun and I definitely need to sweat more. On 14th, I took a picture of the pretty blue sky with white clouds and use it as my WhatsApp profile pic. Lil C didn't want to run and I ran back and forth at our outdoor terrace. Even asked her to video me!

On 20th, I saw that lil C was so restless. Decided to bring her downstairs for a walk. We had been cooped at home for 42 days!!!

The hub was suddenly interested in K drama and literally binge on CLOY, memories of Alhambra. He gave me a surprise on 17th when he ordered tofu stew for me! I had been lamenting I missed it. Haha.. As I was eating, I coincidentally googled and found out that kimchi was good for gout. This then led to him buying kimchi from NTUC and even ordered Korean fare for dinner a few times (especially the chicken). All of a sudden, he began to show affection to me and said he knows how to show it now that he has been watching k drama. 🤣

My insomnia also got very serious this month. Thankfully I did not develop heatiness. Just praying hard that it will get better next month when school began.

As for lil C, she was such a darling. Always asked if we are sad, unhappy and if I said I was, she would ask what she can do to make me happy. Asked me to smile.. 😅. She would take initiative to help me to prepare lunch, dinner, hang clothes, fold her clothes. She even tried to cook her own lunch, pasta soup.

This is also the month that I didn't put any bb cream and powder. 🙊

I had really wanted to make the no bake Oreo cheese cake this time round. Even almost want to buy the stand mixer. However, cream cheese is oos.

Feeling extremely proud of lil C, she doesn't mind to be at home since 8th April. She wasn't bored and we also managed to do revision. She is very adaptable!
She has also grown closer to Daddy and looked forward to the lunches he will buy everyday. 

Everyday seems the same for me. But ultimately we gain some and lose some.

No comments: