Prior to returning to school, we brought lil C to PHS for haircut on 4th. Finally we were out of the house after 2 months! Unbelievable... Lawrence cut her hair really short and I had to only tie two pony tails for her to school.
At home on 7th, hub gave me a surprise by cooking lunch for me on a Sunday while I was having Han lessons with lil C. It was simple noodle soup, made with 💖.
Lil C adjusted to the first week of HBL and second week of school well. She was praised for her English comprehension annotation and her attitude. Her Chinese compo was also selected by teacher to show it to the class.
The last HBL was not as stressful and was a breeze as compared to before. The hardest were the dance and recorder playing of Ode to Joy. Lil C was very shy but the dance video recording was not optional this round. She was even tearing a little and not smiling while doing the dance. It was finally done and upon her request to do it the third time before submission. Valor probably worked to give her the confidence. With her sensitive airways, recorder playing makes her breathless and the numerous practice is not an easy feat. She was disciplined enough and practised playing from Monday till Sunday and we finally submitted her best! 🙏
She got 8.5 and commended by teacher via SLS. Hard work paid off!
School finally resumed with normalcy and routine back in place although there is alternate week of home based learning. I had to wake up very early and it kinda helped me sleep easily at night. Entirely different from May. But insomnia still happens especially on Sundays when there is school the next day.
For Father's Day, I ordered cake from Mayee. To our surprise, the texture was light and the honey yuzu Nata de coco flavour was good. As I was vegetarian, I tried the French bean set from Kemono. Hub likes the chicken.
Amused by Mr Firdaus numerous praises that lil C had improved, I told hub and lil C it's still better than getting scolding. On 22nd, received his call on feedback as we had missed the PTM in May. Thankfully, lil C showed to the teachers that their initial impression of her were all wrong! All teachers commented that lil C concentrates in class, submits work on time. Mr Fidaus commended her for her neat model drawings too. Even said he is proud of her. 🙏.. The only thing I felt bad is she is always focused yet now is commented as improved alot from Term 1.
The new assessment weight age is scary with 75% for end of year. I am deeply worried but still have to stay sane.
With the impending elections, the govt announced all of a sudden that business can be resumed, like services, eating in food courts, kpt, restaurants. Even the enrichment centres can reopen from 19th. It came as a surprise since many assume that it will most prob be in July.
Also received a piece of news - Ms Yong will submit lil C's work for publishing consideration. She wrote really well after the second draft.
After washing the balconies and bathrooms for 2 months plus, I was so glad that the cleaning service resumed on 24th!
Hub decided to play Roblox, Adopt Me too and she played with lil C side by side first time on 27th. It's heartwarming to see their bond forming closer once more although it's all because of gaming.
As the month was ending, the online classes were ending too. Lil C is sad as she likes the online classes but only look forward to go back to centre for Write Connection.
Looking forward to a smooth July..💐
No comments:
Post a Comment