The month begins with positive news from school.. 🙏
1st: Lil C became the monitoress for Chinese. She got chosen amongst a few who raised up their hands.
She became friends with Irisse and she was delighted.
2nd: She was one of those who was praised by Mr Firdaus for being obedient till Term 3.
3rd: Ms Kaur let lil C to be the first to leave the class after school as she was the best pupil
😍.. At home, she showed me she had a neat work, well organized, well done comment from Mr Firdaus for her Math worksheet. He praised that she had the nearest work in class. 🌻.
Lil C went back to EI Math on 4th and thankfully she breezed through it, although there were tough questions and the lesson took longer.
😷😷 in the school has become a new norm, however, absolutely not preferred for primary school students as there is no air conditioning. I really pity them. With many days off and the special one week holiday this month, lil C was elated. She is also looking so much forward to her 9th birthday.
7th: She had neat work comments for four Math worksheets and teacher openly showed her paper and praised her in class. She said she was embarrassed as he had too proudly shown hers. Ms Kaur chose her to be the best pupil again and she can go for early recess.
Feeling amused by her classmate, Future's questions on hub as he went back to work and could not fetch lil C after school, I was still glad that she found another classmate in this new P3 class. She cutely told me she thinks he has a crush on her, always talking to her. 🙊
As for myself, I was thrilled that I finally was able to get my hair colour and eyebrow embroidery touch up done on two consecutive Sundays.
8th: Chanced upon YL leader's sharing on Feelings kit. Finally I understood the entire protocol and wrote them down. I used valor and harmony for the night and I slept deeply for the first time. Finally opened my precious harmony..
12th: I suggested to go to Sheng Shiong together after collecting thieves handsoap refill from Grace. Lil C immediately replied okay! It has been months since she went to the supermarket with us. It's also the first time that the three of us go out to buy things together. She happily asked if I need this and that. She also volunteered to carry the heavy bags. We even had our dinner settled with her help! She chanced upon 刀削面 at SS and hub bought 3. When the restaurant was very crowded with limited soup menu, hub suggested 刀削面 and lil C agreed. She then told me secretly to agree to eat that so that Daddy won't be angry..
13th: I was shocked to hear her Magnets worksheet score, 20 over 30.. this is definitely her lowest score since P1 for any worksheet or test or exam. I was flustered but thankfully overcame it very fast. Most prob the good day protocol blend helped me. Lil C told me the highest score is 23. Many of her classmates even failed. I checked with Charmaine's mom and they are the same issue. Gosh! The Science teachers must have done a horrible job in trying to make them understand. I was glad that at least lil C did not fail.
Elated, lil C has been giving me kisses. She isn't a child who is very generous with affections so it caught me by surprise. She wanted to make me happy by doing it. 💕
18th: MIL came over. Last saw her during September last year. I was anxious, definitely nerve wracking. I did not forgive her when she caused a din last year and yet still had to face her. I even had to keep the house as neat as possible to avoid her gossiping at my back. The hub just kept playing games and left me to face her and talk for 2 hours. I had to listen to her Christianity stories and all her boasts. She even signalled to me to let bygones be bygones..What the H 😣
We had a simple celebration for her 9th birthday. She likes the unicorn cake from BobtheBaker and thankfully we all love the strawberry flavour. This year, we bought her books and Pei also bought a series of Enid Blyton. We went to HDL again for her birthday dinner (third time). She loves HDL and had requested to go there for her 7th and 8th birthdays. This time I managed to make an online reservation at their Seletar Mall outlet even before she requested 💖..
Feeling worried and stressed over her upcoming test and exams, I seem to influence her. I tried my best no to but it's not easy. 😅..
This month also means a lot to me when lil C suddenly take food for me during our meals. 😍
Lil C cutely asked us to vote for LHL.. she thought that he is the representative of PAP. Haha..
It's also a first when there is a mid term break one week holiday. We only went out of the house on Tues to return the long overdue library book and collect the ndp funpack. It was such a hot day that lil C commented that she prefers to stay at home. She can really be a homely person for now. As usual, she watched a lot of YouTube, played games and did revision.
Although she is an only child, we did not raise her as one who is spoilt or always have her way. Thankfully her personality is 'tame' kind. She doesn't stay angry for long and always smiling.
A tad disappointed over not getting Star Jieminite this month, I am so thankful that she managed to change the false opinions that the teachers had on her and had good comments.
Had a surprise when lil C was the only one not doing GEP in her class! Mr Fridays kept asking her about it, encouraging her to take. I had to explain and educate lil C why we would just want her to go through the current curriculum and not the stressful GEP. And also the definition of gifted. The intention of the program is definitely not leaving the school for top schools as her classmates were discussing on this. The form teacher has definitely sent a wrong message across..
30th: Lil C cooked chicken stew for the first time and she loves it!
31st: As it's a PH, we went out for dinner. These days it's extremely rare that we get to dine outside. The food at Sushi Teh tasted so good, so much better than via delivery abeilt the long wait.
As we bid goodbye to one of my favourite months, I am hoping for a smooth smooth August 💪💪😘.
No comments:
Post a Comment