Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August annyeong👋

August often makes me jittery, because of the same thing happened to lil C for past consecutive three years. A coincidence? Or change of season, temperature, weather? 🤔..Crossing my fingers, toes..

Lil C has started to have zoom lessons without me sitting beside her. She requested for it after I left her alone once for TWC. I would very much want to know what she is learning but I cannot go against her wishes. She is an independent learner.

Started to learn Fractions in school and hopefully she will have no issues as it gets more complicated. She already felt ordering of ascending and descending tough.. 

I cannot imagine children will have a chance to watch English sitcoms of our time. Lil C enjoyed watching Growing Up and laughed so much while watching PCK. She looked forward to GU season 2 and it finally aired on 30th. At the same time, she has been searching for K drama on her own.

3rd: I decided to send a message to Mr Firdaus as he has been asking lil C if she wants to do the GEP otherwise she will be alone in the class. Finally it worked well..Put an end.

6th: Got hit above the eyebrow from her classmate's racket during PE badminton lesson. Thankfully it was a small scratch. I hope this can help her 過運。🙏

This year, we spent National Day on our own again, just the 3 of us. 💕 We settled for Pizza Hut as it was the least crowded. Lil C kept exclaiming that it was the best day ever while eating her pasta. It has been months since we went shopping. We bought her new school shoes as hers was torn. Somehow we walked into Smiggle (the 30% discount attracted me)..😅 I recalled her school bag is torn too so we got her one. We love the design and especially the colour combination of turquoise and purple. On top of that, hub mentioned that the handle of her water bottle is going to break. We bought one for her and also a matching pencil case with her bag. She needed a bigger pencil case for her gluestick and stapler. I told her I wish I am as young as her! She is so elated and even looked forward to go back on school on 11th.

7th: Mr Firdaus decided to nominate lil C as perfect for next year and asked to to discuss with me. That's really odd. Nevertheless, she wanted to do it, though I wish we could understand what the duties are. I wanted to give her my utmost support.💪

Started to use gua sha with cel lite for my calves, hoping to reduce water retention. Each time I stand to cook, my ankles will be in pain by the time I finish.

Finally decided to buy PPP and work on my hormones. Started on 14th and see how it goes. Also started Dragon time on day 1 of menses for estrogen and follow the chart.. 🙏

I am very thankful that we have raised a helpful and kind hearted child. It's the second time that she immediately offered to give her spare mask when her classmates masks straps broke.

11th: Together with her 7 other classmates, she was officially nominated as junior prefect for next year..She stood in front of class and the rest of classmates clapped these 8. It's amusing as they will still receive a final letter at the end of year if they can keep up with the good behaviour and eventually selected. I am certainly very proud of her lil achievement, especially when she received so much bad vibes in Jan and Feb...

13th and 14th: School closed for PSLE oral. Unlike last year whereby she can skip revision, we had to do some. We also can't go out for fun activity.

17th: Received two pieces of good news when I fetch her from school. She got full marks for her Math mock test and she is the only one in class. She was nominated by Mr Fridaus to be the Star Jieminite for this month but he need to consult the co form and subject teachers first. Hmm.. I wish he would consider their feelings and only announce when it's finalised. She was greatly praised for her neatest handwriting and model drawing. With the full marks, she was given 10 gem stamps. I was amused when I saw the teacher write “Your reward: the stamp x 10“. 😆

20th: Mixed feelings, feeling shocked and worried at same time although happy, lil C had full marks again for second mock test.. I had to remind her it's only the mock test although we are very happy for her. If only the marks can count...😆 Worried because she had two rounds of claps and congratulations in a spam of three days and I don't know what the effect can be or what's lies ahead or planned in advance... 

Lil C was also recognised as one of the five independent learners during HBL and so as her parent, I had to write on a pledge card on how I would continue to support her to be an independent learner. Thankfully I remembered the slides that the school had sent via Parent Gateway earlier. Together with my own words, I wrote well. Haha! (As said by Mr F)

Don't know why the teacher wants to do that when it's not even the actual test. He even sent a message informing me about the full marks. He is very proud of her  As for me, I care more about if she can understand the concepts and apply to questions, doing the questions carefully, checking after completion, avoid losing precious marks rather than chasing for full marks. I see it as a bonus for when they still can get full marks. 

As for English mock test which she didn't know it was one, she also had full marks. At least Ms Kaur did not make it as such a big matter. One classmate commented something like C...Again.... They are too young to think that it's only the mock.😣

With prior experience in P1, I didn't want to pressure her so much.. just wish for her to be healthy and happy, just do her best. At the same time, it's a struggle inside me too. She still played games, watched YouTube during the weekend just before the tests... However, she felt the pressure and teared a little on Sunday after we completed the Science revision. She was scared. I was anxious but had to put up a strong front, hugged and encouraged her.

24th to 27th: 坐立不安,七上八下.. That's how I feel after lil C went to school this week. I only hope she can finish each paper smoothly and stay healthy. 🙏

She finished the Science in 15 mins and seems confident. I was really mindful not to stress her and let her be when she wanted to watch TV and play slime after some revision each day after school. I asked if she is confident she had completed the revision and she replied yes. 
I was super relieved on the last paper day, not for the typical reason. I also learn to believe in her that she can do the tests, cut her some slack. 

What's unbelievable is the Mr F actually asked the class who they think will get full marks and he gave hints that the duo have the nearest work in class which made the class chorused lil C and Lakshana. It's unnecessary pressure and they had to keep asking him to announce. He didn't want to do it as it might affect those who didn't do well. They still have two papers to go. Hub and I agreed not to give back the marked papers as yet. But we don't agree to his way of hinting. 🙄

The week went by extremely quickly. I was rather at ease for her remaining English and Chinese papers as language is her forte. 理解问答 Is dependent on herself. Pray that she doesn't lose too many marks.

29th: Early birthday celebration for the MIL at our place. Don't like it but no other choice. Ended up I had to order food from Rendezvous hotel. Entertained her once again.. I was quite offended when she started to make uncalled for comments again, how many days I didn't wash the piling clothes, so many things in my cabinet.. 😣

Lil C has been looking forward to receiving the results and honestly I can't wait too! I reminded her to smile and not to be upset if she didn't get full marks. She had done her best. I hope Mr F won't be harsh. 🙏

31st: She said don't know why all her three papers just minus one mark. Glad that her carelessness didn't cost her too much but at the same time it's heart aching. Mrs Lye said Aiya...Mr F said she could have gotten full marks and Ms Kaur said not her and she made a silly mistake when her class guessed she is the one who scored.. Ouch! 

Nonetheless, I told her to see what carelessness can cause. But she still did well. At least 24% is secured for English, Math and Science. 💪

The month definitely wheezed by. I literally felt that the heavy stone in my heart was brought down after the test. The time spent and efforts made during revision did not go to waste..Lil C was able to handle her p3 work up Term 3. Till the next hurdle, annhyeong!

No comments: