Monday, October 26, 2020

September 🍀🌻🌷

The month begins with ups and downs. 

1st: I was slightly late when I reached school to fetch lil C. She was tearing bit and then crying. She scored 22.5 over 25 for her Chinese test. It's good enough but she did not get a reward from the teacher. Apparently she only gave to those scored 23 and above. Aiya...Again... Then again carelessness caused her the loss of a mere 0.5 mark. Afterwards she shared that she was also upset because most of her friends got the reward.

2nd: Awarded the Star Jieminite of August! Looking forward to see her photograph and comments for being chosen! 😘
It was a short first week with Teacher's Day celebration and school closure. The school one week holiday followed. 

We stayed at home and could not bring her anywhere during this school break unlike last year. On her request to use her 'shopping money' to buy Dock Diaries and candy gem books, we went to Northpoint on Tues, 8th. She was so elated and kept thanking me. She read a lot, watched her usual YouTube and play games. We also watched 'Growing up' and K drama. With her impending oral, I was immensely stressed and scolded her a few times. Filled with guilt, I decided to cut her some slack. I know it's not easy for Oral, given her personality and now they have to put on mask. Just keeping my fingers crossed. 🙏

10th: Went to mum's house as electricity and water supply was interrupted at our house. All went well. 

Term 4 started on 14th. Ms Kaur praised that her home cooked food oral (writing) is smooth and ideas connected abeilt two grammar errors. But she was embarrassed and lowered her head when it was shown on the visualiser as there was a part that she wrote one and a half serving of rice. It ended that Ms Kaur asked if she was listening. She had to partner Nigel for the oral practice and somehow Ms Kaur knocked on her desk. She forgot the details 😣

After a worrying Term 1 and an unexpected filled of praises Term 2 and 3, I am starting to worry about Term 4. It's a quick paced and relatively short term before the exams though. So I told her to continue to focus like before and she had done so well and so difficult to move to the good books and changed the impression of the teachers on her. 

ECHA award for recognising exemplary character. Mr F told them about it and even used lil C as a example as she readily offer masks to her classmates when they were in need. In the end, she submitted the self nomination form as given by Mr F. 😅.. Received a msg from him on 27th that she will nominate lil C for the award. I had to provide a statement and show examples.on how she was resilient during the HBL. He would write a testimony. 
After I sent my super long write up, he replied..
"Hi Mrs Tang,
Thank you for the write-up. Her neat and excellent work and resilience in school has shown me a lot about how she can persevere through many challenges without giving up. I am very proud of her attitude towards studies. Once again, thank you.
Regards,
Mr Firdaus"

He probably saw how she overcame the difficulty with Fractions and Time topics. 😍

Horrible week 3.. I am like some mad woman and so the hub said lil C has made me into a crazy woman. I knew I had to keep my cool but I just cannot take it when she had so much homework to do and cannot complete till evening. The daily oral practice in writing took up so much of her time for the entire week. It's maddening! Even till the weekend for the first time she still had not finish the homework. Unlike last year, she had SLS homework to complete even on non school day on PSLE listening, 18th.

Our lil C loves watching Growing Up. She was shocked when there was a robbery scene and the mother died. She even cried hard when she could not wait in time for her son to bring a flower to her. She sobbed and asked why people need to die. 😆.. I hugged her and told her.. we have jobs in heaven to do. If everyone stays here and the Earth will be so overcrowded and no one will do the jobs in heaven. I am so impressed with my quick response and explanation 😝 

16th: Her Happy Canteen artwork was selected. She was asked to take photograph with the macik of the Malay stall. 😘

20th: Finally the least stressed day of the entire week. Great Sunday..We did the Oral revision and watched Growing Up. She cutely commented how bad the husband was to the wife when he reprimanded her right after she was saved from the fire. Our baby really grown up....😘

22nd: The day finally arrived. She lamented on how nervous she was and wanna cry the night before. It reminds me of the tension I had during my time. It's nerve racking but I told her should not let all the time and efforts go into waste. I have been researching and reading up on oils for anxiety and decided to use highest potential. In the morning, I applied Joy EO over her heart area in hope that she will still feel happy although it's a long day. I really pity them as they have to stay in school till evening, wear mask for so long and do oral while wearing mask. 😣 I made her favourite stir fried pasta and brought to school for her lunch and cooked her favourite food for dinner. 

Nervous as expected, she tried her best. Didn't know what's cafe in Mandarin, she said 餐馆. Her friends said 咖啡店。She funnily change 西海岸 to 东海岸 as she didn't know have 西。So I told her even we may think that the place does not exist, we still cannot change. As for English, the teacher told her  give her full marks for reading. But 误打误撞, her teacher told them the picture is about 餐馆. 😅🙏

23rd: Hub is 41! Lil C told me Daddy is older than me now and I replied yes finally! 🤣 She has been busy with the Oral practices and told him that she has no time to do a card for him. But the next day, she surprised us by drawing on a magic sketch notebook, I 💖 U. It's a blessing in disguise when I could no longer order a cake from Mayee the Friday before for 23rd.

After season 3 of Growing Up ended, lil C started to watch 播音人. Unexpectedly, 22 years later, she got to watch. She was laughing away and 💖 it. However it was only the best of the drama so she finished watching it very quickly.

A month of bumps and knocks. I thought after the lunar 7th month (ends on 16 Sep), it would improve. However, she still fell in school. 😣

Every Sunday, it seems to be my depressed day. The hub always can lie on the bed, play games, watch drama and I am the one doing revision with lil C and pondering over what dinner to order in time. So on 27th, I suggested to her if I should swap roles with hub and she replied Then she noooooo... You know, I get good results is because of the enrichment and YOU... Haha heart melted upon hearing this 🤣

As usual, the month flew by. October, please be kind to me 😝..





No comments: