Friday, March 11, 2022

January 👏💪🙌

Feels like flipping the calendar all over again. Like what lil C said, last year this and that 😅

1st Jan: We went to Millenia and had lunch at Meidiya foodcourt. Its has been a long while since we dine at a foodcourt. Lil C requested for the hokkaido strawberry ice cream. The cheeky her insisted hub and I to hold hands and me to lean on him as we walked around Harvey Norman. 🤣 We finally bought the Japanese strawberries from Don Don Donki at Suntec. Its so crowded but the queue was fast. Lil C wanted to try the Japanese sweet potato but didn't like it. It was so sweet that hub felt it was not real sweetness from the vegetable itself. We also bought fish soup from a restaurant, 熬 and lil C likes the taste.

I had insomnia for 4 nights from 1st. It must be due to hormones since it was close to my menses.

2nd: We had wanted mum and Bing to come over to play MJ but he was going out with his witch gf. In the end, Pei and family came over with mum instead.

It's another year when school started on 5th. Lil C was excited when she had another day of hol on 4th. Finally had her dental checkup on 4th at I dental, Northpoint and all went well. She has 4 more adult teeth to grow. All at the corners. 😅

School started with excitement especially when Mrs Bok taught them on human reproduction. She has been telling us all about it and how the boys were embarrassed. The Math teacher is the gan cheong type and kept lamenting on how they are running out of time. Seriously, like the first few days of school? And she kept scolding the class everyday. I just hope that it will not cause negative vibes..

She sat at the first row again after Pratisha asked her to sit in front of her. They were free to choose seats on first day. I am glad that she has a friend in the new class but just hope that all will be good for the rest of year. 🙏

Mon and Tues are the toughest days as she has to stay back for CCA and higher mother tougue. I did not expect that CCA will be changed from Tuesdays to Mondays and she has Pique Lab class on Monday. 😏 Ms Jolie is funny and she wants to remain in her class. I just hope that there will be available seat on Thursday. The first lesson after Mon CCA day went well although she complained about aching hands after writing alot. She was hungry after school and I gave her fruits bread and biscuits as she attends class. Mama also ate with her and sat in with her. 😍

Finally went for pedi and mani on Monday, 17th and then to Chong Pang to buy new pots of plants. 

Lil C is very driven amidst the busy schedule although she still laments on having alot of homework and P5 and P6 are torturing. She even tried to finish all her homework on Friday so that she doesn't need to worry about it over the weekend. Work hard, play hard..

She also enjoys watching Spiderman cartoon on Disney+ and finished all 5 seasons!

And she tried laksa in school, first time not spicy but second time spicy. 😋

When she told me her menses came in school on Monday, 24th, my heart skipped a beat. I should have trusted my instincts to put the sanitary bag in her school bag. Luckily her friend in the Chinese dance cca gave her one. Then thr next day, she told me she almost lost her wallet. Thankfully Chelsea picked it up and brought it to general office.

It's extremely difficult to find a suitable Chinese enrichment centre. I was very mad with Hua Cheng after her worksheets were unmarked and the teacher used her phone during class while they were writing compo. She also didn't explain the meaning of the hard words. What's the use of 默写.. Decided to stop her after Term 1.

Réunion dinner at our place again. I ordered food from Neo Garden very early and the Chongqing grilled fish was a hit. It was quite a disasterous night when hub spilled the cheng teng and I almost got so mad at him for commenting that I should not bring the buns out. In the end, I kept my cool. Mum and rest left so late and in the end I could not shower before 11pm. The only consolation is the cheng teng I cooked. The white fungus was very soft.

Lil C also stayed up till 11pm to pray ti gong. I could not sleep after finished praying. Haiz... 

As we said bye to the first month, we will be saying hi to CNY tomorrow...

Feb, hello. 👋

No comments: