Last Thursday, I went shopping at Marina Square after work. I wanted to go Tinkerbell to buy shoes. After I bought the shoes, I walked around and happened to see a sling bag at a shop - Evan's Sunflower. It was nice and there is 20 % discount. So I paid $ 28 for it. I used it last Saturday and shortly after a few hours, I realised that there was a tear between the "sling" and the bag.. The metal button on the pocket dropped off too... So sad....
On Tuesday, I went back to the shop and showed it to the lady. She offered to exchange one for me and I was elated to hear that. But she kept mumbling to herself that this is the first time that it happened. She has never encountered it before in her 2 years of business in Marina Square. I did not bother about her as I was browsing through for any suitable bag. The one that I bought was actually the last piece... There was another sling bag that I like and I checked with the lady how much it is. I am prepared to top up the price difference.
She said that it is $39.90 and I have to top up $11.90. I told her there is a tag on the bag for 20% discount. But she said: "No, I can't give you the discount as it would mean that I gave you double discount." I tried to reason with her that I had returned the other bag to her and what she meant about giving discount twice. I looked at other bags but she said that I will not be entitled to any discount anymore. I had to pay the original price. I told her this is not the way business should be done. After my persistence, she called her boss. I heard their conversation clearly and she could not explain to her boss properly. I don't think the boss understood her as she kept repeating the situation. When she finally put down the phone, she insisted that there will be no discount for any bag that I want to exchange for. I was very angry with her especially when she raised her voice at me. I even told her that recently I got a bag as a present and it was from Charles and Keith. The bag was also spoilt and they offered to do an exchange. For any bag that I wished to exchange, I only needed to top up the difference. But they still gave me the discount for the new bag. She refused to budge and took out a note book and asked me to leave down my name and contact number. She will send it for repair but she does not know how long it will take. The most ridiculous thing she said is that she don't even know who can repair! She will try... This is really crazy...
At that moment, I thought of just give her the $11.90 difference; take the new bag and never return to the shop again. But another thought came to me....It is not worth to pay $39.90 for a sling bag...So I wrote down my contact details and left the shop. I called my sister and told her what happened. Just then, my bf called and I told him too. He said I will not be able to get this incident off my mind since I don't even know when and if it can be repaired. It will be time-consuming. He said the same thing too - to give her the difference and never step into the shop again...
I thought about it for a while... Finally I walked back to the shop and told her to get that new bag and I will pay her the $11.90 that she wanted. Then I told her that she is being dishonest and her company policy is terrible. She raised her voice at me again but I did not bother about her. I gave her $ 12.00 and told her to keep the change...Then I said I would never step into the shop again....
So please be aware if you want to buy anything from this shop....
1 comment:
Tat super ridiculous... Super bad customer service... Should have ask to speak to boss personally..
Post a Comment