Monday, March 2, 2020

February

After one month with Dorra, I feel lighter although the weight loss is not much. I guess I lost a lot of the water retention I had for years. My tummy and hips are a tad smaller. 💪
Took pics on 17th and there is obvious improvement. Very happy that cellulite managed to reduce a little. ✌️

I vow to practise more self care this year and I don't want to regret it when I turn 50 and look at my body shape helplessly. Also, I want to reduce my body fats before I reach 45. 🙏

Cousin commented her fair baby gal Harper looked fairer when I carried her because I am tanned. I really looked more tanned this CNY and I think it's because it's very hot and I was out in sun hanging clothes many times a day. I hope to perserve in using whitening lotion before going out to fetch lil C from school. Gotta remember too!

Lil C told me she played captain's ball during PE. When no one wants to be the captain, she volunteered. Her friends said she cheated when she accidentally crossed the stated line and she said they are cruel. Haha! 

7th: Lil C told me she won the 书法 competition and her work will be pasted on the wall. I always know her handwriting is very neat and very glad that it's recognized by the Chinese teachers. This is probably the only good thing that took place in school for her and for me. 

Whilst she seems to be getting unwanted attention from her Science teacher when she talks to Paige, I am glad that she shares with me what she learned during class excitedly. I hope Mrs Lye's stares can stop!!

She admits that she cannot stop talking to Paige when she has exciting things to share. Sigh.. Trouble is brewing... Just into the second month and I feel stressful especially when she shared those incidents of getting reprimanded! 

Ms Low, the relief English teacher commented that she was talkative. On another occasion, she even said she nearly wanted to separate their desks if they keep talking. 😣

On 13th, she cried after school. Apparently she was the second slowest to finish stapling her Math papers. The teacher said that Paige and Nuon were slow. Lil C too.. The relief teacher also said her when she turned her head around. She was afraid that I will scold her. I decided to msg the teacher to clarify. 
A horrible day when I also had issues with the swimming coach. I hope it's really a misunderstanding and she won't bear grudges. (She cancelled 20th class, gave her the benefit of doubt that she is really unwell).

A stressful month for me and definitely a tough year I foresee! On 14th, she exclaimed that even she is attentive and don't talk in class, she still gets scolded. I wrote an email to her Science teacher to clarify that lil C might have inadvertently not heard her instructions to go to her when she asked for the group leaders as lil C was trying to ask Nuon and Paige not to talk to her. It's really tough when she sits in the middle of them. She said will monitor and see if the rest are affecting lil C's focus.

While I was glad that I could finally clarify after numerous similar not paying attention incidents, I am still worried as I cannot always do that. If her seat is still not changed, I don't know how long it will go on.

Lil C has never had issues relating to talking too much in class and not paying attention. Gosh! It definitely upsets me a lot. As advised by Angeline, she would have trouble with teachers this year. 😓
I am just hoping things can improve when teachers get to know her better. And her conduct and comments from form teacher in the report book will not be affected. 
17, 18: Mr Firdaus said like C is alert. He also told Paige not to talk to her. 🙏
19: He said she listened a lot..Hmm
20: She said she got gem stamps for her Math worksheet
It's not easy for our children in school,.handling difficult classmates and teachers. 
I started oiling white Angelica since 17th on her shoulders for positive energy. Hope it creates positive aura..
有惊无险地過了一個星期。。

After another smooth four days into the new week before trouble brewed again on Friday 28th, she said the Mr F scolded her again for not doing one question from a page. He saw her playing with her eraser. According to lil C, she didn't hear that need to do the other question and hence looked at her eraser after she was done with the first question from that page. He said, "Do you want me to scold you again". I hate the Math class as first period. At 8am, it's hard to have 100% focus. 😑

And so she cried again after school on Friday... partly because she forgot the word 就 in her Chinese workbook homework and the punishment is to copy the 听写 sentences 1 and 2 on paper and hand in. I cannot remember if I have checked it and reminded her to amend and she forgot. But anyway, it's a good learning opportunity for her. I explained to her that she cannot blame the teachers. She is at fault for missing out the word and has to accept the punishment. She can be sad as it's her feelings but the day has passed. She has to learn not to harp on it.

As for myself, I definitely need to control and not let stress gets to me. In one of the RLL, one YL leader mentioned about applying stress away behind the ears downwards and on the temples with massage. It seems to work.

Clearing throat and occasionally spitting out thick yellow phlegm has been occurring for the past months. Back flow is never ending. The winds are strong since January and her sensitive airway keeps producing mucus. Hope for the best of health!

22nd: Her TWC teacher, Ms Yong told me she took a picture of lil C for her act of kindness towards her classmate. He didn't bring a pencil and she gave the better one to him. She had chosen it from the class first. She then used one that is quite difficult to use. Very glad that my only child always looks out for her friends.💕

In school, she is the 'tissue provider', always giving tissues to classmates when needed. I don't think the form teacher see it that she is caring though. Hub said it's OK and quoted a Chinese proverb, 好事不出门,坏事传千里。😑

She showed me her individual dance for the exam on 23rd. Also got the video from the teacher. It's very fast and thankfully she can remember the steps. Hope for the best next month! 
How could the teacher be so crude and said to lil C that she is fat? Haiz.. So rude..

25th: I cut my finger again, 3rd time this month. The Japanese cutter is sharper and it bleeds non stop. I had to Google what I can do while continuing to prepare for cooking. 😓

It's definitely not a smooth February as I wish for.

Looking forward to March.. and the short school holidays. 🍀

No comments: