Contrary to the norm of worrying if your child can do well in the exams, I worry more about her state of mind, immunity, health and pray that she will 顺利complete all papers on time. Thankfully all goes well..
5th: Interview with the year heads for the ECHA character award nomination. She said 天宫保佑 before the zoom interview. Haha! This girl.. Luckily she had Jayden (her ex classmate) with her at the same timeslot. They chat alot while waiting for their turns. Jayden also prayed, haha.. Initially I thought the interview was cancelled since the video will be shown to the management. Apparently she had to do both. My brave lil C!! In the afternoon, Mr F informed me that her voice was muffled and did not look natural as she was mainly reading the script. Hence, she had to redo on 6th during the silent reading session. So I taught her to look front for the intro and other parts.
After the Science paper, she took back her Math. I was surprised over her marks as she was so confident over her Section A and B. At first she was still satisfied as Mr F told her it's still a Band 1. My reaction was unexpected for her and after hearing how I lament on accumulation of marks lost, she was a tad sad. But she understood what I meant..
6th: Received email in the morning that Han is closing down and being brought over by Aspire Education. It's a surprise but also meant that the decision to change school is inevitable. While waiting to fetch her after school with hub, I was looking forward to her English compo marks. I don't know why I wasn't anxious of the rest. Weird.. A huge huge surprise then came when she rushed out and told me her results. Many components for English and Chinese. I said okay when she told me she got 18 over 20 for her English compo. She got 49 over 50 for the main paper. As she told me she got 29 over 30 for her Chinese oral and 12.5 over 15 for her Chinese compo, I was overjoyed! The unexpected happened! Very blessed... She kept saying unbelievable! Her listening for Chinese got full marks. Overall she did exceptionally well for both languages. 🎊
As usual, she cannot avoid carelessness for Math and Science.
It's also a memorable day for me as it has been nearly a year since I can have time for myself after sending her for enrichment. Ms Young has invited zoom classes students to attend physical class for the rest of the year. Sitting in Mac, enjoying Hershey chocolate sundae, I couldn't help but to feel wow.. I really need the time for myself, without the hub 😅. He was working at home and thereafter we went to HDL for dinner and he said to celebrate.
The next two Fridays are especially exciting when Mr F announced the top 5 and top level positions on 13th and the actual prize award day was held on 20th. Lil C was surprised she was awarded 3rd in class. I had expected it though 😎. But I did not expect she was awarded 6th in level. 😘. So proud of her! I knew she had a good chance of getting but sadly we cannot attend the ceremony due to C19. She was awarded the bilingualism award which I am most happy of. Being bilingual is so important and I am glad she takes after me. 😙 Hopefully it can continue...
She has also matured till can be 和事佬 for us 😅.. She would even speak for Daddy, put in good words for him.
As for my birthday, I requested for me time to colour my hair. Finally I can go after the exams...Get rid of the annoying grey hair. It was also the last lesson of Han. I didn't want to have dinner at Lingzhi and hence hub canceled the reservation. My lunch was only bread and bit of the cupcakes he ordered. Strangely, I was not hungry when I came home at late afternoon. We had Ban Heng and hub had ordered a rich chocolate cake. I didn't look forward to my 41st whilst lil C had been counting down for me.😅
We finally received more guests on 20th, last day of school and to celebrate mum's birthday. It was quite a mayhem for me and my shoulders was aching. The cutie Seth decided to stay overnight. First time for us! Lil C was super duper excited and didn't mind being kicked the entire night. She reminisced about it the next day. I was nervous at first having to help Seth wear diapers but eventually did it right. I was also nervous but luckily able to sleep and had a good morning playing with Seth.
Had signed up Math Heuristics P4 bridging 3 day course and learned how to solve different types of P4 problem sums on 24th to 26th.
Went to Lil Twin Stars cafe on 25th and thankfully the food was alright. Lil C was elated. We then walked to the train station and took train to Woodlands because she wants to go to Popular bookstore and we had to help hub to buy underwear. Metro is the best place.
I tried ba zhen soup on 28th, bidded from Rachelbelle and it was good. But my body feels so warm and I couldn't sleep at night. Thereafter, my insomnia continued for days. It actually started on 26th all of a sudden. Must be the crazy hormones.
Busy December ahead.. goodbye November, see you in a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment