Monday, March 1, 2021

The beginning.. 💪🏼🌈

Hello 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣1️⃣🎉✨🎈

1st January, our lil family of 3 did not spend it all by ourselves this year. Mum, RB, Pei and family came over for dinner. I dislike crowd and gatherings but had no choice. They left at around 11pm after MJ and lil C slept at midnight! Her first and she was excited. 😆

2nd: No enrichment yet. She slept till 10.30am while hub U till 12 noon! The weather was perfect for sleep in! Initial plan of eating out for dinner abandoned, we stayed at home for rest of day. Lil C did some Math exam papers. It was a smooth day until lil C accidentally knocked onto me while I was bringing the soup to her. Hub was so agitated whilst I kept my cool. Worried, I intensively spraying the lavaderm on her arm. There was a huge red patch. Frank and Lavender to the rescue too. Thankfully, the red patch was totally gone in an hour. Unbelievable but I was really grateful to YL products. 

3rd: Glad that first lesson in Skylace went well. 张老师 praised lil C for her 👍🏼 daily reading. Our plans for Shabu Sai was affected again when cousin YZ called and invited us for dinner with them. It's been nearly a year since we saw aunt and kaiye. The food at Orchard Live was mediocre and hub had gout attack on his elbow after that. Lil Harper was totally different from Lil C when she was at her age. I am definitely counting my blessings that I do not have such a strong headed daughter. Lil C has always been warm and friendly to everyone since young and allowed relatives to carry her, hold her hands and play with her. 🙌

4th Monday: It made history when school is not reopened for the P2s to P6s. Lil C was so happy to have one more day of school holidays. We stayed at home and were all set for the next day. 

Week 1
Day 1 went well although she was feeling nonchalant since all her subject teachers remain the same. Of course, it doesn't excite her when Mr F is still the form teacher. She still sits in the first row but a different seat. She was also appointed the Math rep.

6th: Praised by Mdm Maslinda that despite her good results she is humble. 💖.. So proud of her to be praised by the year head to the entire P4. Humility is the school value chosen by her when she was nominated for the ECHA award last year. It happens that it's the direction for P4s this year, confident yet humble.

Prepared her food for recess on 8th after two years hiatus, upon lil C's request. Sadly, the food was not warm anymore. She is so used of eating warm food.

The first week of the new term went by quickly and lil C commented it's boring on Friday, basically sit all day for lessons. Hope she can get used to the new timetable asap!

As predicted by the weatherman, it was a rainy weekend of 9th and 10th. In fact, the entire two days. Ended up having dinner at the new food court at SCC when the queue was long at Shi Li Fang on Saturday after TWC. No longer Ms Yong, Ms Rosita for now. After three years of sweet, young and gentle teachers, she will have a matured, no nonsense teacher. And the first thing she learned was not to say 'I'm done! It's really great teaching, none of the teachers corrected them before. I only wish that she can enjoy the lessons and have a fruitful, smooth year at TWC.

Second week zoomed by as CCA started and swimsafer for her class also commenced. I became the sole PV but it allowed me to ensure she is okay. She enjoyed the first lesson with friends and hopefully all would be well. Unexpectedly, she had her first tan line on her thighs after the swim lesson under the scorching sun. 😣

20th: Told me a P1 Indian gal snatched her money during recess when she fell.for the gal's trick that she wants to borrow money to buy mee Soto too. In the end, we didn't bring it up again when she didn't manage to get the money back the next day. 不了了之。

24th: Showed lil C my P4 class photo. Felt so nostalgic.. 😉

I made a resolution for this year, to sleep by 12 and definitely try by 11 plus on weekday nights. Also no watching of dramas before bed. 😴

Yoga started well and I was glad that I learned a few moves that help me relax and sleep!

Thursdays continue to tire me out as I volunteered for swimsafer program. 

29th: Hub took leave to change the curtains for the living room. Our bedrooms curtains were changed two weeks ago. So grateful that I didn't have to do it this year!
Lil C was elated as she could take the car home after school. When we fetched her, she told us she was the only one who got full marks for her comprehension.

One step at a time, starting puberty 😅.. Breast buds developed bigger and she had to wear XL size bra when the year started. And tonight, I decided to demo using la Roche cleanser and lil C was so excited about it.

30th: I feel I have to let her use face moisturizer and went to Guardians to buy one gentle kind from La Roche. With the swimming lessons, need to start her skincare routine early. 😏
Additional task...

Goodbye Jan, as always. Hello and Bye to the first month... Hello to the busy short month...




No comments: