As always, the month began with teachers' day celebration and no school day. Chanced upon Mint Home and ordered personalised wooden coasters for the teachers. Mr Firdaus expressed her appreciation to Clarisse while Mr Seah said it was beautiful.
I was immensely mad with her when she did not respond to me as usual and watched Tik Tok on her tablet right after she showered. I threw into a huge fit and confiscated the tablet. Told her no tablet till school holidays in November. She obliged, not defying. 🙏
The only difference for this year's Sept hol was lil C needed to do more SLS homework, even recorder test. Sigh.. We took 3 hours to complete the recorder recording. It was maddening.. I also signed her up for Heat masterclass with Pique Lab and she had to attend 3 hours extra class on two days with A+cer for Math. Besides that, also tried to do revision with her. Of course, she played Roblox and watched YouTube.
Thankfully the efforts did not go to waste. She did well and had excellent comments from Mr Seah.
15th: had to do the ART test.. As we waited for the results, we were so nervous 😅🙏
21st: mid Autumn and we went to mum's place as usual.. Most of hotels snowskin mooncakes were sold out as its the first time they had to do deliver, no booths this year.
22nd: Oral again.. This time ended at 4.15pm and I had to rush from home to school to fetch her.
We had a quiet birthday celebration for hub. I replaced cake with ice-cream cookies and Kenny Rogers for dinner. Also I had a scare when 4 Kindness had a positive case. Yet no letter from the school. We had to hear it from other mums and children.
As SG opened up slowly, trouble immediately brewed. The cases soared unexpectedly and the govt decision of living with the V is outrageous. They made the decision on 18th that HBL again for 10 days, starting on 27th. Again, my morning me time is gone. Also, my daily yoga rituals will be affected. 😭.. And I really dislike hub working from home. I really love time for myself. As I remind myself I have to stay sane, I couldn't. It was maddening since I had to do exam revision with lil C. I even had a bout of migraines and even lasted one entire day. Also she had live zoom lessons for the first time. She was super duper excited to see her classmates.
24th: last day of school before HBL. Told her not to go to canteen and I prepared rice, broccoli with tomatoes and fish bites for her.
29th: the lil gal wanted to join me in yoga and she did a pretty camel pose.. I was inspired and managed to do it too. 😅
Lil C started to fall in love with Mysteries after reading one book from Pei.. She then asked hub to buy.. Surprised us for a change of genre.
The month zoomed by with stress, worry and anxiety... Our cases crossed 2K..very bad timing with year end exams coming... Arghh..
Wishing for just peace and health for all... 😇
No comments:
Post a Comment