The month started with a new high of C19 cases in SG. Anxiety and worry building up constantly.
I am thankful that lil C is getting the hang of memorising the weekly dictation from HC and remembering the 好词好句。She even drew cute pictures to help herself remember the meanings. Her compo also improved week by week..
While we were guessing if HBL would be extended and if exams would be postponed, the minister announced that he would wait till after the PSLE for updates.
5th: There was a positive case at blk 526. 😣.. Then a few more after that during this month
7th: I was so frantic when having to explain Science and to cook lunch and ended up screaming at lil C and pinched her. I was a guilty yet stressed up mum 🥺😩... Then came the big news ever.. Exams were cancelled! Unbelievable... I talked about it just a few days ago with friends and had deemed it not possible in SG... I had to admit it took away the stress and rush for revision. And for lil C, she even exclaimed her wish had came true. Who likes exam right?! Then came the questions on whether the compo papers will continue since Oral had been tested, if the school will replace the exam with WA (apparently some schools announced that), how they will calculate the final grade, if Oral marks will be counted etc... Countless??? But no updates from the school. Till end of the month, still no updates at all. 🙄
HBL ended after 2 weeks and she returned to school on 11th. She dislikes going back though as need to wake up early. And for me.. Had to prep her recess food for whole week. Tiring as I had to wake up at 5.15am.
Her Magic of Science experiment with Iris, the leakproof bag was selected as the top 5 for her class and they had to do a video on it. It was frustrating at first since there seemed to be no way they can do the video together. I even went to research on video edit and asked Iris to video her part and send over. But she could not and she was not familiar with the piercing of pencils into the ziploc bag. It was my idea in the first place. 🤷♀️.. Thankfully their teacher agreed to take the video for them. But poor lil C had to bring so many things to school, even a portable pail on 15th. In the end after waiting for her after school to shoot the video, Mrs Lye told them the explanation had to be proper one, as stated in Google. Wasted time and effort...she was so relieved when finally the video was successfully taken on 25th. Although theirs eventually was not the popular one amongst her classmates, she kinda expected and was actually happy.. Right from the start, she didn't want be selected as she was afraid to speak in front of others.
This year, PSLE marking days are of course not as busy as last year. With the exams cancelled, I still let her do papers but at a slower pace. But it was also an agonising week as she had to start the Social Studies project with Iris and Lakshana. I had to help her to do research and the worksheet requirements was not easy for them. But the teammates did not look at the link and even so that Lak wanted to have a zoom session and wasted so much time without even deciding on a place or street named after an early settler in SG. She did not want to consider other's opinions. Maddening..
I made salmon fried rice on 18th, trying to replicate Pepper Lunch which she wishes to eat.. She likes it and request for next week's recess.
27th to 29th: lil C suddenly had issues with friends again and cried. Lak went around to partner the BFFs of others.
Roblox is down on 29th to 31st and lil C was so disappointed as she had waited a week to play. Haha.. At first she was lamenting and kept checking if its up and ready. Then on 31st she just accepted it.
Jap curry is really her favourite. I cooked thrice this month upon her request. And I made pizza using the leftover pasta sauce and pizza crust with lots of green Capsicum, tomatoes, ham and mozzarella. We love it.. But I had to control not to eat too much. To sum it up, I made onigarazu, rice with nuggets and broccoli, pasta, fried bee hoon and salmon fried rice for her recess..
31st was my lunar birthday and I had forgotten all about it till Pei and mum mentioned it at night. Well, no noodles for me. And the hub as usual never remember it. I was upset but kept telling myself it's okay, it's okay. Let it go...
30th.. went to Causeway point on my own on a Saturday to use lil C's Popular bookstore vouchers to buy her Candy gem comics. And bought Laneige.. First try, the perfect renew series. How time flies. The vouchers were awarded to her last year for being top 3 and bilingual. Hope she can achieve again. 😉
Overall, its an unprecedented month. Just hope SG can recover, open up the country more, can bring lil C out next month and Dec. 🤞🙏
No comments:
Post a Comment